Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

College student wanting TV!!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,352 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

I'm going to be the grumpy old man and say that if you get everything you want while you are in college where is the incentive to do well make yourself a better life?

Speaking as Resident Curmudgeon Emeritus, I think the OP will do just fine in his life after college. He has shown initiative, organizational skills and evidence that he is goal-oriented, all characteristics that will serve him well in the future.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   CPN706

CPN706

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

You seriously need to have a reality check if your going to rag on me for having TV... I dont always want to go out every single night just so I can catch the LLWS or my Braves play. It's nice to have a long day and just go home sit on the couch and watch a game or two, who knows mabe some mythbusters?

I mean If I was not wise with my money I would have aways had TV... I waited untill I got a much more reliable job before I even thought about getting a subscription, and even so I still tried to find help through other means thanks to everyone who has replied to my topic!

Thank you so much for everybody's help, im sorry to inform everyone but I ended up having to get Dish Network. Apparently my credit was not good enough for Direct TV... what a bummer..

Protected By... spam firewall...And...