Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Just two channels

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sstv

sstv

Legend

• Registered
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

Hi All
My equipment is:HR24-500, H23, LNB3 swm and AM21.
My sat signal readings are all good with 99C being the lowest with readings in the mid 80's. The problem only occurs on the HR24
Channels 281 and 209 pixelate/771 for no apparent reason. If 281 goes then checking 209 finds its gone to. Never one or the other. The pixelation will last any where from a few seconds to a few minutes. Blue sky, hot/cold, calm or windy it dont matter.
I have quickly checked other channels, but only found no problems.
I replaced the coax feeding the HR24, moved the feed from the PI to the splitter with no change.
I think the HR24 has a bad tuner. Service call sced. for Tuesday
What do you think????
SSTV
since 94

#2 OFFLINE   gfrang

gfrang

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

Could be a bad b band converter,try swapping them if you have any spares.

#3 OFFLINE   sstv

sstv

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

Could be a bad b band converter,try swapping them if you have any spares.

SWM, no B Bands required
SSTV
since 94

#4 OFFLINE   gfrang

gfrang

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:59 PM

SWM, no B Bands required
SSTV
since 94

Sorry i missed that but you can try swapping the box to where a good box is or wait till the tec comes out.Whatever is cheaper or the best for you.

#5 OFFLINE   sstv

sstv

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

Hi All
We had a power outage yesterday and the new software downloaded last night. The problem has not occurred today so maybe its been fixed. Time will tell.
I went to the DTV "General technical discussions" site and saw a posting titled
"Help with SWIM System. The OP was having the same problem as I had.
Some of the responses were "bad lnb" and/or the DECCA in the HR24 trying to "talk" to the H23.
Their solution was to put a DECCA or a Band Stop filter on the H23, MRV not required.
This sounds a bit odd.
In the end, the installer could not correct the problem so he "UN-SWIM" the system and installed a 4 wire lnb, ran the extra coax and now the system is working fine.
I bet OLD SCHOOL would have a field day with this.

SSTV

spam firewall