Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Phillips DSR708

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kfcrosby

kfcrosby

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:17 PM

This little guy is giving me problems....

The guide is not updating consistently on a regular basis and nor that I have switched to Ooma for my home landline, the dialup is not working. I realize that the VoIP service may be causing the problem, but is there a work around for this older receiver?

Kevin Crosby
Memphis, TN
DirecTV subscriber since 1996

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:23 PM

The guide data comes from the satellite and has nothing to do with the phone issue. It is extremely difficult/nearly impossible to get TiVo modems to work on VIOP phone lines, and, no there is no work-around besides a normal landline phone.

#3 OFFLINE   kfcrosby

kfcrosby

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:28 PM

thanks BZ, I was afraid the modem issue was probably going to be a dead end, but since that unit is in a bedroom and will not be doing any PPV, I'll milk it for as long as I can.

Any ideas on the guide not updating? I have reset up the dish config and simply no joy gettin anywhere. Sporadic at best, and a pain for sure when a channel get locked out as unavailable....

KC

The guide data comes from the satellite and has nothing to do with the phone issue. It is extremely difficult/nearly impossible to get TiVo modems to work on VIOP phone lines, and, no there is no work-around besides a normal landline phone.

Kevin Crosby
Memphis, TN
DirecTV subscriber since 1996

#4 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

Honestly, I think DirecTV is having guide-data problems across the board right now. I've seen them at customers' houses, and here at home. I don't have any TiVos anymore, but there seems to be a lot of "no info available" messages in the guide.

spam firewall