Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24-200 and QuickTune

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DoctorCAD

DoctorCAD

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:21 PM

No icons show up in QuickTune on my new HR24-200. There were icons on the HR22's QuickTune.

So far, that's the only thing I can find wrong with it.

It is many times faster in the guide than the 22 it replaced. It was remarkably easy to set-up and get running...

Any ideas on the icon thing?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,905 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

How long has it been since you set your QuickTune preferences?

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#3 OFFLINE   JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

Let me see if I understand what you are saying. You tune to a channel, then press the up arrow to access QuickTune, and then press the Green button to add the channel and nothing happens?

#4 OFFLINE   DoctorCAD

DoctorCAD

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:37 AM

Let me see if I understand what you are saying. You tune to a channel, then press the up arrow to access QuickTune, and then press the Green button to add the channel and nothing happens?

No, the QuickTune screen is populated, but just with letters, no icons. Like this, The History Channel (on the HR22) had the History Channel Logo, on the HR24, only the words "History Channel" and the channel number show up.

#5 OFFLINE   DoctorCAD

DoctorCAD

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:37 AM

How long has it been since you set your QuickTune preferences?

3 days

#6 OFFLINE   mcbeevee

mcbeevee

97% Complete

• Registered
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:49 AM

No, the QuickTune screen is populated, but just with letters, no icons. Like this, The History Channel (on the HR22) had the History Channel Logo, on the HR24, only the words "History Channel" and the channel number show up.

What software version is your HR24 running (system setup/info)?

:)

#7 OFFLINE   DoctorCAD

DoctorCAD

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:23 AM

What software version is your HR24 running (system setup/info)?

Not sure, I'm at work, but I do know that an update occurred Friday night and again Saturday night. I would think it is the latest that Direct has available.

#8 OFFLINE   JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

I have an HR24 with software version 0x40d. I tried programming several of the QuickTune slots and received mixed results. For example, HBO HD East (501) displayed an icon, while HBO 2 HD East (502) displayed only text. CineMax (515) displayed an icon. Hallmark HD (312) displayed only text.

Strange....

#9 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:36 PM

I have an HR24 with software version 0x40d. I tried programming several of the QuickTune slots and received mixed results. For example, HBO HD East (501) displayed an icon, while HBO 2 HD East (502) displayed only text. CineMax (515) displayed an icon. Hallmark HD (312) displayed only text.

Strange....

There are currently channels missing logos.

The rule of thumb is if you have a logo in the info banner for a channel you'll have a logo in QuickTune, and if no logo in the banner then no logo in QT.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#10 OFFLINE   DoctorCAD

DoctorCAD

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:00 PM

There are currently channels missing logos.

The rule of thumb is if you have a logo in the info banner for a channel you'll have a logo in QuickTune, and if no logo in the banner then no logo in QT.

Nope, all 9 channels have logos associated with them, the H20 in the other room has exactly the same channels in QuickTune and there are logos on every channel. The Hr22 had exactly the same channel and it had logos.

The software is 0x40d downloaded on Friday the 20th at 6:41pm.

#11 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

Nope, all 9 channels have logos associated with them, the H20 in the other room has exactly the same channels in QuickTune and there are logos on every channel. The Hr22 had exactly the same channel and it had logos.

But does your machine with 0x040D that is missing the logos in QT have them in the banner?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#12 OFFLINE   mcbeevee

mcbeevee

97% Complete

• Registered
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

That is strange, since I have an HR24 with the same version and it works. I did notice some of the programs on the History channel in my guide after 8/31 have blank titles (title not available). Don't know if that is part of the problem.

#13 OFFLINE   DoctorCAD

DoctorCAD

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:42 PM

OK, re-assigned all of the QuickTune channels and now have logos...seems that my first load must have been prior to the guide totally downloading and QuickTune didn't see the logos.

Odd that re-assigning to the same channel didn't work, but re-assigning to channel 1 then back to the correct channel did fix it.

Thanks everyone!

#14 OFFLINE   gitarzan

gitarzan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:09 AM

I had this problem. Right after I hooked up an eSATA drive over the weekend. The first thing I did was program my quick tune channels. I had to go back and redo them the next day to get the logos.
Almost there.
A few more seconds please...

#15 OFFLINE   Eskimo

Eskimo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:12 PM

Seems to be a common theme after an update.. just happened to me too.. :nono2:
Rich in PA...

H24-700 - MBR 32" Vizio
HR24-200 - Great Room 50" Panny plasma w/ sound bar
HR24-200 - Theater room 128" 2.35:1 screen, Emotiva UMC-1, Klipsch KLF/KSP 7.1 speakers / Fi subs (18" x2), 3300 watts RMS.
MRV, ICK..

#16 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:50 PM

Isn't it pretty opbvious that whatever routine fetches these icons may have been corrupted during the download of software? Or is just not currently accessible without a reboot? I would not worry too much about it; you're probably lucky that something actually important did not get corrupted instead. There's a bunch of trapped Chilean miners that could not care less.

You could force a download, but really? I find that I watch programs significantly more often than I watch icons. Without going very far out on a limb, a reboot or the next OS download will probably heal your pain.
It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#17 OFFLINE   Eskimo

Eskimo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:02 AM

You could force a download, but really? I find that I watch programs significantly more often than I watch icons. Without going very far out on a limb, a reboot or the next OS download will probably heal your pain.

Wow, good thing you don't work designing user interfaces. :rolleyes:

P.S. Reboot didn't fix it.
Rich in PA...

H24-700 - MBR 32" Vizio
HR24-200 - Theater room 128" 2.35:1 screen, Emotiva UMC-1, Klipsch KLF/KSP 7.1 speakers / Fi subs (18" x2), 3300 watts RMS.
MRV, ICK..

#18 OFFLINE   Eskimo

Eskimo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

...and, neither did a reload.

Oddly enough, the other HR24 and the H24 are both OK. It's just the HR24 in the great room that's doing it.. (Of course, since this is the one we use most)
Rich in PA...

H24-700 - MBR 32" Vizio
MRV, ICK..

#19 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:49 PM

Wow, good thing you don't work designing user interfaces. :rolleyes:

How can you be sure that I don't?

I don't mean to diminish the importance of UI design; that can drive the consumer's entire impression of a product. Those who read and comprehended my post realize my position on that.

But nothing happened to the design, only to your particular DVR. So how important could that be to the subject of UI design?

Once you begin watching a program, the icons are then not visible, so how important is not having them then? Or do you sit fuming just knowing that they are not there?
It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#20 OFFLINE   Eskimo

Eskimo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:19 PM

Anyway, it seems that a reload of the current FW did fix it after a few hours of waiting, and re-setting up all the channels in the quick tune.

TomCat - Being relatively new to the area in which I live, it's far easier to know that the NBC peacock is NBC, rather than needing to remember that "WBR" is part of "WBRE", our local NBC affiliate. same with CBS and Fox. Not to mention, it was quite visually unappealing.

I still get a grin every time the "Corvette" logo appears across the nav screen when the engine is started, and would be annoyed if it stopped doing it, so speaking to your last point, I would be fuming. I suppose if it's a feature be it functional or cosmetic, I want it to work, even though it doesn't affect usability.
Rich in PA...

H24-700 - MBR 32" Vizio
MRV, ICK..

Protected By... spam firewall...And...