Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Wow, great customer service

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kxaz145

kxaz145

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

So I have kind of an unusual setup for one of my receivers. I use the RF out to drive a TV on the other side of the house. I also send the TV OTA from a roof top antenna. Hook both coax cables into a two-way splitter with the output going to the TV antenna input. Channel 3 pulls up DTV and I have the capability to tune in local HD channels when wanted. Worked great for a couple of years.

A couple of weeks ago I lost the signal from the DTV receiver. Looked through my other DTV receivers 'on the shelf' for an RF out model. I had an old R15 and hooked it up- no dice. The RF out didn't work. Just for the heck of it I called DTV and spoke with a courteous and knowledgable CSR. He verified my issue, understood why I needed a receiver with RF out and said he would have a replacement shipped to me at no charge! Two days later the receiver arrived and I had it installed and activated the next weekend. I'm back in business. A very pleasant experience and much different from other calls in the past.

JimB
JimBo

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Manctech

Manctech

Icon

• Registered
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:04 PM

So I have kind of an unusual setup for one of my receivers. I use the RF out to drive a TV on the other side of the house. I also send the TV OTA from a roof top antenna. Hook both coax cables into a two-way splitter with the output going to the TV antenna input. Channel 3 pulls up DTV and I have the capability to tune in local HD channels when wanted. Worked great for a couple of years.

A couple of weeks ago I lost the signal from the DTV receiver. Looked through my other DTV receivers 'on the shelf' for an RF out model. I had an old R15 and hooked it up- no dice. The RF out didn't work. Just for the heck of it I called DTV and spoke with a courteous and knowledgable CSR. He verified my issue, understood why I needed a receiver with RF out and said he would have a replacement shipped to me at no charge! Two days later the receiver arrived and I had it installed and activated the next weekend. I'm back in business. A very pleasant experience and much different from other calls in the past.

JimB

Glad to hear you had such great success!

TWC Technician (Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson Area)

#3 OFFLINE   fiendz666

fiendz666

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

Just like any other business, we only hear the bad experiences and very seldom the good ones.

I myself have had bad experiences. I am guilty of posting here about it. But in the end, D* has always resolved my issues and kept me happy.

Glad to hear you had a good experience.

#4 OFFLINE   whoray85

whoray85

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:48 PM

If in the future this happens again, you should be able to use an RF modulator to run from the composite (AV) output.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...