1) Know I need the AU9-SL3 dish to get the 101,103 & 99 birds. Best retailer to purchase it from? Was thinking about Solid Signal or Sadoun. Wanted to buy & get setup input from a local retailer but he wasn't much help.
2) Best mounting setup for a parking lot? Was looking at the Winegard TR2000 Tripod (I'm a newbie...can't post a URL link) but the pole diameter (1.65") is too small to accommodate the AU9-SL3 dish (2" required). Does Winegard make a 2" diameter version of this or is there an easy way of adapting it? (I ain't real mechanical)
3) Can I power the AU9-SL3 off my HD receiver (H23-600) or do I need a separate power supply? (my local retailer told me I'd need a separate power supply)
4) Will I have difficulty getting good HD signal on the 99 and 103 birds using ONLY the HD receiver's built-in signal meters? My local retailer told me I'd DEFINITELY need a stand-alone signal meter. Browsing these forums, sure seems like folks ARE able to get watchable HD using only their receiver's meters. I've been getting a solid signal for years now on the 101 sat at our tailgate spot using only my SD receiver's meters.
5) Along the lines of #4, are there any good instructional videos on the web that go through the dithering process and getting good signal on the 99 and 103 sats? The videos at Solid Signal are a bit confusing for me and show the procedure using professional stand-alone meter equipment that I can't afford. I need "Setup 101 on the 99 & 103" LOL!
6) Is there an HD Spot Beam map anywhere on the web showing the coverage area of the Washington, DC locals HD spot? Here in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia we get the DC locals. I can pick-up the Washington DC locals SD spot beam at our tailgate location in Morgantown, WV without a problem but don't know if I'll be able to pick-up them up in HD in Morgantown as well.
OK, think I've asked enough questions so I'll hang-up and enjoy any answers you tailgating veterans can provide.
Edited by EngravEER, 26 August 2010 - 11:00 AM.