Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV & Dish Network HD Channel Lineup Comparison

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
352 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,109 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:46 AM

If you don't have one fine, I just thought I'd ask.

So AVS has one?

Not that I know of but I really have not looked. I generally keep my own lists ... which could be printed from my website but there is information at the bottom of the page that goes beyond the list in this thread.

My initial thought was to take the image and print it ... which should be an easy thing to do although using the image may cut a channel in half. About the only way I see to do a nicely formatted presentation is to do yet another version of the list. One more list seems like yet another reason for people to argue over counts. But I suppose if you want something concise ...

Enjoy.

Attached Files

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:31 AM

Not that I know of but I really have not looked. I generally keep my own lists ... which could be printed from my website but there is information at the bottom of the page that goes beyond the list in this thread.

My initial thought was to take the image and print it ... which should be an easy thing to do although using the image may cut a channel in half. About the only way I see to do a nicely formatted presentation is to do yet another version of the list. One more list seems like yet another reason for people to argue over counts. But I suppose if you want something concise ...

Enjoy.

Ok cool, Thanks.:)

Former Directv Subscriber May 5th-2012 - November 7th 2014 

Blue Ridge Communticatons

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus anolog Bedrrom 5 and 6

#143 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,727 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:34 AM

Enjoy.

Way cool. You put a lot of work into this.
Thanks

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#144 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,600 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

Sony Movie Channel on E* is really expensive. It cost them FX, Nat Geo, 19 FSN affiliates, MSG and MSG Plus. I'm sure glad I got D*. I'll take local sports and original shows over old movies any day.:eek:

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#145 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,089 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

I guess you can remove FX, Nat Geo, and some FSNs from Dish's side.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#146 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,600 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:08 PM

Plus MSG and MSG Plus (or did they reach a resolution?)

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#147 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,089 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:09 PM

I bet they'll never get those.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#148 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,109 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:17 PM

OK ... but add Sony.

DISH didn't have those in HD.

It has only been a couple of days ... so noted but not pulled since they will be back.

[EDIT: See update for new attachment.]

Edited by James Long, 07 October 2010 - 01:22 PM.
Updated attachment

#149 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,089 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

OK ... but add Sony.
DISH didn't have those in HD.

It has only been a couple of days ... so noted but not pulled since they will be back.

Add Sony on Directv this Wednesday or next.

#150 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,109 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

Add Sony on Directv this Wednesday or next.

Channel number and subscription level lready noted in the file (although I forgot to pull the footnote).
When DirecTV makes up their mind the channel won't be red. :)

BTW: ATT UVerse is listed as having Sony Movie Channel on the SMC website.

#151 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,109 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:38 PM

BTW: MegaTV HD hasn't made the graphic yet either. (It made my lists.)

#152 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:57 PM

This list will be updated tomorrow.

EDIT: I will update it tonight. I had planned on getting to it this afternoon, but I won't have access to the proper version of Excel until later.

Edited by Hoosier205, 05 October 2010 - 10:58 AM.

DTV = Digital Television

#153 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:07 AM

I am not sure if I should remove channels which have been taken down during a carriage dispute or not. I am leaning towards removing them until there is a resolution, but I am open to suggestions. Thoughts?
DTV = Digital Television

#154 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,109 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:24 AM

I am not sure if I should remove channels which have been taken down during a carriage dispute or not. I am leaning towards removing them until there is a resolution, but I am open to suggestions. Thoughts?

I'd note them but not remove them. The disputes are temporary ... the channels will be back. I'd treat them like part time channels ... carriage space reserved but just no content carried at this time.

For longer disputes (several months, not a few days) where there is no negotiation underway removal seems fair. But on channels where there is an active dispute the channel should not be removed.

#155 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:28 AM

I'd note them but not remove them. The disputes are temporary ... the channels will be back. I'd treat them like part time channels ... carriage space reserved but just no content carried at this time.

For longer disputes (several months, not a few days) where there is no negotiation underway removal seems fair. But on channels where there is an active dispute the channel should not be removed.

Sounds good to me. That makes sense. I will work out a way to do that.
DTV = Digital Television

#156 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:50 AM

I would agree with this. Seems a fair way to make the comparison as there will most likely be more of this as the content providers get more aggressive.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#157 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:06 PM

Because you were asking for feedback. I totally agree with this. Maybe a different color or obvious note to show HD stations that are in dispute. It should be clearly noted so its easy to tell.

#158 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Registered
  • 839 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:46 PM

Sounds good to me. That makes sense. I will work out a way to do that.

Perhaps you could leave the color the same, but just put an "X" over the box?

#159 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:05 PM

Perhaps you could leave the color the same, but just put an "X" over the box?

Good idea. I will play around with a few different options tonight and see how it works out.
DTV = Digital Television

#160 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:50 PM

The list has been updated. Added MegaTV HD for DirecTV. Added Sony HD for Dish (I'll wait for DirecTV until we hear something official). Altered the status of those channels involved in disputes.
DTV = Digital Television

Protected By... spam firewall...And...