Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

My receiver is seems to have an issue.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:34 AM

I have an HR 20 for quite a while now and the last 3 weeks it has been very slow and had lots of issues. pixilates when i am watching a show but havent caught up all the way. also i can hit the guide button and wait about a minute for it to show up. I have reset it about 10 times in the last 3 weeks and it hasnt helped.

Could it be the receiver is starting to go and i need a replacement or should i try deleting some the shows that are taped and see if it will help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   AAKent

AAKent

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:47 AM

Do you have an external drive on your HR20? I had exactly the same problem with mine, and then removed the eSATA drive and it seems to be working perfectly now.

#3 OFFLINE   kokishin

kokishin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 457 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, CA

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:29 AM

I have an HR 20 for quite a while now and the last 3 weeks it has been very slow and had lots of issues. pixilates when i am watching a show but havent caught up all the way. also i can hit the guide button and wait about a minute for it to show up. I have reset it about 10 times in the last 3 weeks and it hasnt helped.

Could it be the receiver is starting to go and i need a replacement or should i try deleting some the shows that are taped and see if it will help.

You're not alone... http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=181831

#4 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

Do you have an external drive on your HR20? I had exactly the same problem with mine, and then removed the eSATA drive and it seems to be working perfectly now.

No, i dont have an external drive hooked up. just runs unbearably slow. i have had this receiver for a while now. could it just be ready for a new one.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...