Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How to feed 2 TVs from 1 receiver

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dtvrwb

dtvrwb

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:57 PM

Have a spare TV in a rec room with no receiver hooked up to it. Want to feed it from an existing H24 receiver about 30 feet away. What is the easiest/cheapest way to do this? Both sets would not be watched at the same time. Thank you!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:03 PM

Have a spare TV in a rec room with no receiver hooked up to it. Want to feed it from an existing H24 receiver about 30 feet away. What is the easiest/cheapest way to do this? Both sets would not be watched at the same time. Thank you!

you can get some long AV cables. The Video + R and L audio ones.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#3 OFFLINE   skatingrocker17

skatingrocker17

Godfather

• Registered
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:03 PM

If you're using HD then get a component cable. I bought a 50 foot one and it looked bad so I took it back and got a 30 foot one and it looks great. It was either the length or the cable that caused the bad quality, possibly both. Now to get the remote to work either use an IR remote or get an IR extender.

#4 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:25 AM

Is the spare TV a HD or SD TV? If it's SD, a $13 Belkin modulator and a run of coax is all you need.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#5 OFFLINE   RonH

RonH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:00 AM

Is the spare TV a HD or SD TV? If it's SD, a $13 Belkin modulator and a run of coax is all you need.

This what I did with a TV that is in my Hot Tub. I used the Receiver in my Bedroom and got 2 RF DirecTv remotes to use and it does Great.

#6 OFFLINE   PressureContent

PressureContent

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:29 AM

I use this av sender. You can get one (includes sender and receiver) for $100. I will take a small tv into the garage, kitchen or basement with the receiver and it works great. Is $100 cheap? I dont know, but I love the versatility. BTW, this is SD and I use the Directv remote in RF mode.

http://www.amazon.co...83083873&sr=1-2

Protected By... spam firewall...And...