Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:04 AM
I hooked the R15 to her TV to make sure it was working before she pays the $20 for the access card and here's what happens:
The receiver powers up and right after it gets to the almost there message the screen goes blank and then the power goes off on the receiver. The only way to restart it is to pull the plug then restart it. When I do that the same thing happens.
I've tried it with the old access card in and out. I've also done it with the satellite feed connected and not connected.
The DVR worked fine when I disconnected it in May. What I want to know is:
1. Is this what suppossed to happen? I thought I would get some kind of access card error message.
2. If this is unusual behavior, could it be software related. Would it help if I reloaded the software (0-2-4-6-8)?
Thanks for the help.
Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:33 AM
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK
Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:57 AM
(ie legacy .vs. SWiM)?
I hope he didn't have a SWiM using a R15.
HR22 w/ AM21
Slimline5 w/ no LOS to 119 Slimline3
Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:27 PM
Is your sister's dish setup significantly different from yours (ie legacy .vs. SWiM)?
No SWM ubtil after I replaced the R15 but I did have an HD Dish and she doesn't
Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:50 PM
I'd save the $20 for the new access card.
3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K