Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Do you have a HR24 and having AM21/ATSC recording problems?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Which manufactures model of the HR24 are you having ATSC/AM21 issue with? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Which manufactures model of the HR24 are you having ATSC/AM21 issue with?

1. HR24-100 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. HR24-200 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. HR24-500 (27 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,719 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:30 PM

Read my poll again

I did and the way it is phrased asks for a yes or no question. Your poll reads "Do you have a HR24 and having AM21/ATSC recurring problems". That is a yes or no question plain and simple.

Also by not getting no answers in the poll it's skewed and doesn't show what percentage are vs aren't. But hey, if you want a skewed poll whatever...
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   armchair

armchair

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:31 AM

If the -500 is the only one with the NXP chipset it would explain a lot. OTOH, it doesn't mean that there isn't hope for these, just that much more software tweaking is probably needed. There are a few folks here with more than one HR24 type and it would be interesting to see their impressions.

I have two HR24-500s and I've yet to see an auto-reboot but I can recall three freezes on my -500s. Two required a RBR and one responded to removing the Access Card momentarily.

First solid freeze was induced by Media Share and the other occurred while watching delayed Live TV in buffer with absolutely no remote control input. I have seen more video freezing that recovers with the replay button using f/w 0x040D. Aside from the freezes, 40D has given one of my HR24-500s an occasional temper tantrum. It has gotten slow, lost the screen-saver, failed to auto-correct resolution coming out of VOD p/b, audio skipping and stuttering while video froze and even CC was causing yellow blocks to be displayed on the screen coming out of TP. And today, it lost the TV APPS icons and had a black bar stuck in its place that I couldn't get rid of w/o a menu restart. Like my three-year-old, I'm hoping it's only a passing stage that it'll grow out of and mature with age.

#43 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,305 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:30 AM

I did and the way it is phrased asks for a yes or no question. Your poll reads "Do you have a HR24 and having AM21/ATSC recurring problems". That is a yes or no question plain and simple.

The poll question is "Which manufactures model of the HR24 are you having ATSC/AM21 issue with?" ... seems straight forward. If you're having problems vote for the model(s) you're having problems with.

I believe it has been made clear that members not having problems are not being polled. If you have any doubts I hope that this statement clears that up.

#44 OFFLINE   Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:59 AM

Man, Directv kinda screwed us on the 500. I bet the 200's and 100's don't output the RGB that gave some of us a problem either :mad:
65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / TiVo Roamio

#45 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,927 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:33 AM

Also by not getting no answers in the poll it's skewed and doesn't show what percentage are vs aren't. But hey, if you want a skewed poll whatever...

If all you do is read the topic of a thread with a poll without reading the OP to see more information then you probably shouldn't be voting in any of them.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#46 OFFLINE   Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

[redacted], get over it and move on. I love getting email updates that just contain you complaining about a poll, that is not even yours...

The poll was established, to determine ONLY what models have the issue, and its DOING that.

Edited by James Long, 07 September 2010 - 11:11 AM.
unneeded empahasis word removed

65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / TiVo Roamio

#47 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

is there some one who can try a test?
find a recording that consistantly has problems, set 2 recordings an hour or two before the problem one (on different channels so it will have to switch channels at recording time).. see if the problems go away..

The problem I have been seeing is when left on an OTA channel for several hours, It then seems to lock up on the OTA channel.. I can switch to another channel and then back and it's fine again... I'm thinking the bad recordings are stemming from this bug..

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

#48 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 696 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:36 PM

My HR24-100's were on the installers truck as of July.

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#49 OFFLINE   cover

cover

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:57 PM

When I first got an HR24–100, it was unable to successfully tune 2 OTA stations at the same time using the AM21. It can handle one station, but trying to record two at a time or use double play caused both to begin pixelating and breaking up as if they were getting all of the bits. I have not tried this since the last NR software rolled out.

I am having ongoing issues with my HR24-500s picture freezing at random on OTA channels and failure to properly record OTA.

#50 OFFLINE   directdave

directdave

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:32 PM

When I first got an HR24–100, it was unable to successfully tune 2 OTA stations at the same time using the AM21. It can handle one station, but trying to record two at a time or use double play caused both to begin pixelating and breaking up as if they were getting all of the bits. I have not tried this since the last NR software rolled out.

I am having ongoing issues with my HR24-500s picture freezing at random on OTA channels and failure to properly record OTA.

I have exactly the same issue with both of my AM21s hooked to two different HR24-100s that I got via a Whole Home upgrade last week. These worked fine on the HR21s that they were connected to before. Whenever two OTA shows are recording at the same time (or when similarly using double play), both recordings are pixelated and drop in and out of reception. Change either of the channels to non-OTA and everything clears up on the OTA channel. It's almost as if there's something wrong with the USB drivers or hardware on the HR24s that cause them to not be able to handle two full MPEG 2 streams from the AM21 at the same time.

I hope this gets fixed sometime soon. This really puts a cramp in my football recording since I record off of OTA whenever possible to eliminate potential weather problems, especially during the winter. There's nothing quite like getting home from church on Sunday only to realize that my football games didn't record because there's snow on the dish. Please, DirecTV, give me my dual-OTA back!

#51 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:17 AM

Now that the fall season has begun in earnest, many new HR24's from summer installs may now be doing a lot more (or even their first) AM21 recording. Just curious if:

• Is the -500 still having the AM21/ATSC problem? Or has recent software updates fixed it?
  • Are any -100 or -200 owners experiencing the AM21/ATSC problem?

Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

#52 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,927 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:20 AM

Now that the fall season has begun in earnest, many new HR24's from summer installs may now be doing a lot more (or even their first) AM21 recording. Just curious if:

• Is the -500 still having the AM21/ATSC problem? Or has recent software updates fixed it?
  • Are any -100 or -200 owners experiencing the AM21/ATSC problem?

For #1 question, my HR24-500's at least running the latest software still have this problem. I see either the keep/delete as soon as I start playback or part way into a program it pops up even though history and time progress bar indicate a complete recording.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#53 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:55 AM

OK, good to know about the -500.

Still interested with the number of -100s and -200s in the field growing all the time if they're still immune to this problem.
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

#54 OFFLINE   bwclark

bwclark

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:11 PM

http://www.dbstalk.c...004#post2596004

spam firewall