Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

am21 wrong channel inof given

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   seamonkeys1

seamonkeys1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

I have a wrong channel number on my DIRECTV guide. I am unable to tune in fox because they changed their number one year ago. is there away to manual input this data into the DIRECTV box? The guide thinks it is on 17.1 one but it is on channel 7.1.

Thank YOU

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,590 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

All OTA channel, and DirecTV guide data, is provided by Tribune Media Services. One way to check is look up your OTA channels on www.Zap2It.com. The data TMS provides tell the tuner if there is a channel, what to tune to, and the what it displays the channels as. Zap2It has both the Phoenix 7.2CD(36.2) Prescott version of KAZT7.2DT (7.2) listed, but have them swapped for the Phoenix and Prescott areas. We get searching for signal when we try to tune in.

#3 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 608 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

I had a similar problem when a local sub-channel number changed.

There is a good chance the data base of local channels has been updated since the last time you configured your local channel setup.

Rerun your antenna setup to see if this fixes the problem.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#4 OFFLINE   seamonkeys1

seamonkeys1

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:06 PM

I did check that one site the other guy posted and they have it still listed as there old number. I have put in a request to change it to the right channel number.

Is there a way I can manual map it to the right channel for the time being?

Or do I need to find a zip code that has fox on channel 7.1 and do a cross mapping or something?

Thank You

#5 OFFLINE   Tom Servo

Tom Servo

Icon

• Registered
  • 933 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:50 AM

Unfortunately there is no other way to manually map channels with the AM-21; it's a major mistake on DirecTV's part, imho.

If you can find a second zip code with a TV channel that matches your desired station's actual RF channel, it may decode it, although it may not be shown on the correct channel or have the right TV listings.

#6 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,916 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:22 AM

There is a place on the zap2it.com website to submit corrections. I did that once and got a confirmation the next day. Several days later the correct data was there (I think I had to reset the OTA setup to see it).

spam firewall