Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New to Satellite in general, help!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

You dont need deca to watch recordings from your HD receiver..

Not true.

DECA is DirecTV's system of ethernet over coax so the various receivers and DVRs talk to each other. Whole home, or "MRV" (Multi Room Viewing) uses DECA as the approved and supported technology to implement/accomplish MRV.

The H/HR24 products have DECA built in. H21/H22 receivers and HR20/21/22/23 DVRs require an external DECA adapter in order to incorporate them into an existing (or new) DECA infrastructure.

If you already have a DVR, you can add either an HD receiver (H2x) or an HD DVR (HR2x) to your system for multi-room. If you add another DVR, then recordings from both/all can be viewed throughout the system. If you add a receiver, it will be able to view recordings from all DVRs on your system.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   kcaudiofx

kcaudiofx

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:58 PM

Not true.

DECA is DirecTV's system of ethernet over coax so the various receivers and DVRs talk to each other. Whole home, or "MRV" (Multi Room Viewing) uses DECA as the approved and supported technology to implement/accomplish MRV.

The H/HR24 products have DECA built in. H21/H22 receivers and HR20/21/22/23 DVRs require an external DECA adapter in order to incorporate them into an existing (or new) DECA infrastructure.

If you already have a DVR, you can add either an HD receiver (H2x) or an HD DVR (HR2x) to your system for multi-room. If you add another DVR, then recordings from both/all can be viewed throughout the system. If you add a receiver, it will be able to view recordings from all DVRs on your system.

Crap, I jumped the gun there on that one, I am SO USED TO installing only h/hr24's and have been since mrv came about I totally forgot about that.. I am a dealer so obviously we dont use older equipment, BUT still I should of known that.. Sorry to the OP for misleading you...

#23 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

Nice used HR20-100 - $180
Access Card $20
DBS Talk Membership $15
DECA $15 or up
Aggravation Priceless

Leased Plug and Play $99 plus shipping

$99 is for a regular receiver, not a DVR. It would be $160 anyway...

I didn't know we had a buy/sell/trade section. I went to look for it and the only one I see listed is archived. Is there another one that's active? I don't see it listed in the drop down menu.

I didn't realize you had to be a club member to see the b/s/t forum. I thought everyone could see it, but only club members could post. My mistake, sorry about that. :)

Yes, is it something that's very old and he never changed it?

It is still current. It just didn't make any sense since you couldn't see that section.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

Protected By... spam firewall...And...