Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Anyway to get HD channels 18x20

hdtv

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vikecowboy

vikecowboy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:58 PM

I have a multi-satellite dtvp3 dish in the garage. Is there anyway I can set this up to get HD channels (also NFL) while I am camping? I assume the answer is no but thought I would ask.

I also have a spare 5 lnb that was taken off my slimline dish - any way to use this on the multi satellite? (18x20)

Just trying to see if I can use any of the equipment I already have to watch HD channels while camping.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:01 PM

Yes, you can modify the phase 3 mount to take the SL5, but aiming it is a pain, and your signal levels will be quite low. There is a long running thread here on the methods used, and success reported. Cant recall the thread title though.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,949 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

This thread should be helpful: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=139735

#4 OFFLINE   vikecowboy

vikecowboy

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:40 AM

Thanks

I found that link last night. I guess I have some experimenting to do!

spam firewall