Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Separate Dishes

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:00 PM

Is it possible to install 3 separate dishes for the 3 eastern arc satellites, and combine them all to a switch to run a DVR and a standard receiver? I have several 30-36" KU dishes I could use. Rainfade avoidance and line of sight issues. This would be for HD service.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:32 PM

I use three dishes one for 110 one aimed at 119 and the last on aimed at 77. I use 2 dp34 switches which feeds 3 510's a 625 and a 301. each dish has a Dish Pro Dual Output LNB and one line from each dish runs to the first DishPRO DP34 switch which is conected to another DP 34 switch since I have so many recievers. Works fine for me. 2 of my dishes are the regular dish network dishes and my third dish is a winegard 1m.

Edited by cj9788, 06 September 2010 - 11:38 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:45 AM

Davenlr - short answer is yes.

I'd put the largest dish on 61.5, then something in the 18-20 inch class for each of 72.7 and 77. Then you could use any Dishpro compatible switch to join them.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:21 PM

Thanks. So I could use any standard dual feed circularly polarized FTA LNB to feed the multiswitch or does Dish require a special frequency LNB?

Edited by Davenlr, 07 September 2010 - 04:34 PM.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#5 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:35 PM

You changing teams buddy?
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#6 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

You changing teams buddy?

Depends if DirecTv adds any channels I want to watch, that Dish is already carrying (or adding Oct 1st) before my contract expires. I dont plan on subbing to Extra Innings next year, and cant afford Sunday Ticket. Im pretty much watching basic "cable" channels now, and see no point in paying extra for nothing. Nothing definite. Just wanted to know my options, since I live in the woods, and would require two or three separate dishes. I got me a 6 footer...that should help the rain fade eh?

#7 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

You're going to need to use either DishPro LNBs with Dishpro switches

OR

legacy dual LNB's with an SW64 (I'm not sure that would be supported).

To be safe - I'd use the DishPro LNBs / switches.

#8 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:51 PM

OK, Im pretty confident I have LOS to the two birds in the 70's, but would defiantly have to use a large dish in a separate location for 61.5. Ill check back if/when I decide to do the install. Thanks for the answers.

I was looking at this: http://www.solidsign...tiswitches&sku=

#9 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:02 PM

With that being a DPP44 switch - you would need DishPro LNBs

#10 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:13 PM

With that being a DPP44 switch - you would need DishPro LNBs

OK. I didnt see any single satellite LNBs that said they were Dishpro, only dual satellite ones. Which one would I use for each dish. Excuse the ignorance, but Im familiar with FTA, and DirecTv systems, about all I know about Dish is where the three satellites are that I would need to receive.

#11 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

This one should do the trick, for each bird.

http://www.solidsign...Components&sku=

*ahem* it says currently unavailable but Im sure you can find them somewhere, perhaps sadoun.com

The single output is available:

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#12 OFFLINE   Dish97

Dish97

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:44 PM

*ahem* it says currently unavailable but Im sure you can find them somewhere, perhaps sadoun.com

The dual LNBs according to the website are not currently available.
A single DP LNB will work just fine if you are going to power just 2 receivers.
The DPP44 is expensive and requires a power inserter.
Why not use the DP33? No power supply needed. Will also double as a grounding block if needed. 3 sats in and three outputs.
Single DP LNBs can be had cheaply on ebay.
Same for the DP33.
My current setup:
24" dish @ 61.5(HD locals)
D500 @ 72.7 to DP 33.
Am using dual LNBs and a second DP33 for a total of 6 outputs. Works fine.

#13 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:17 PM

OK, gotcha. I was looking for LNB's that would fit my FTA dishes. Apparently Ill have to buy actual Dishnetwork dishes then, since these LNBs wont fit. I had heard that pirates used to use FTA receivers to get Dish, so I was hoping I could use FTA LNBs to set up the outside stuff, then just order the service and a 922 from Dish after I had them installed.
Apparently they used FTA receivers with Dishnetwork dishes...duh. Ill do a site survey in a few weeks when the sun outage occurs, and see if I have a location that will see all 3 sats from one location then. I was just hoping to be able to use my spare 36" dishes since we have so much rain fade here.

#14 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:25 PM

OK, gotcha. I was looking for LNB's that would fit my FTA dishes. Apparently Ill have to buy actual Dishnetwork dishes then, since these LNBs wont fit. I had heard that pirates used to use FTA receivers to get Dish, so I was hoping I could use FTA LNBs to set up the outside stuff, then just order the service and a 922 from Dish after I had them installed.
Apparently they used FTA receivers with Dishnetwork dishes...duh. Ill do a site survey in a few weeks when the sun outage occurs, and see if I have a location that will see all 3 sats from one location then. I was just hoping to be able to use my spare 36" dishes since we have so much rain fade here.

Depends on the dish, For example I had to remove the housing of the lnb for it to fit on my winegard 1m dish. The image is similar to my dish ihad to find one in google beacuse I do not have a picture of mine.

Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   34Ford

34Ford

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

I wonder is this is possible to have 3 separate dishes for eastern arc to a Hopper?

Dennis

#16 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

I wonder is this is possible to have 3 separate dishes for eastern arc to a Hopper?

Not an expert with Dish equipment (Always been a DIRECTV sub. :) );

But from everything I've studied, it should be possible with three Dish 300s or 500s with DP/DPP single LNBFs connected to a DPP44 multi-switch.

Then two lines from the switch to the Solo node. 

Edited by HoTat2, 19 August 2013 - 11:07 AM.

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#17 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

Why are you planning on 77 do you want Spanish programming? 61.5 and 72.7 contain all the programming most are interested in receiving.

#18 OFFLINE   34Ford

34Ford

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

Ok, then all I need is the DPP44.

Dennis

#19 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

Ok, then all I need is the DPP44.

From everything I've read about Dish equipment beyond the three 300/500 dishes with DP or DPP LNB singles, yes 

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#20 OFFLINE   34Ford

34Ford

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

So is it possible to focus a single DP LNB in front of a 500 dish? I have several 500's and 300's. laying around here.

Dennis

spam firewall