Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Separate Dishes

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,024 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

So is it possible to focus a single DP LNB in front of a 500 dish? I have several 500's and 300's. laying around here.

Yes, though something has always bothered me about looking at single LNB mounted to one side of the Y-adapter on a dish 500, and preferred the 300 for that role.

Totally inconsequential to the 500's performance as a single slot dish I know, but just aesthetics I guess .... :)

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   34Ford

34Ford

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:16 AM

Now that I have been looking for a DPP44 I am at a loss as to wiring this all up. Is this right?

9555354436_3e7e71f295_b.jpg

Dennis

#23 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 857 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

So is it possible to focus a single DP LNB in front of a 500 dish? I have several 500's and 300's. laying around here.

Yes.  I have two 500,s, one with 110 and 119 LNBs and one pointing at 129.  Feeding a DPP44. 

The 500 with 110 and 119 could just as easy be two separate dishes but nothing would be gained by going that route for me now other than more holes in the roof.

If line of sight were an issue I would go the third dish route.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#24 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 340 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

Yes you use an "I" adapter usually under $10 that replaces the "Y" yoke.

#25 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,849 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

OK, gotcha. I was looking for LNB's that would fit my FTA dishes. Apparently Ill have to buy actual Dishnetwork dishes then, since these LNBs wont fit. I had heard that pirates used to use FTA receivers to get Dish, so I was hoping I could use FTA LNBs to set up the outside stuff, then just order the service and a 922 from Dish after I had them installed.
Apparently they used FTA receivers with Dishnetwork dishes...duh. Ill do a site survey in a few weeks when the sun outage occurs, and see if I have a location that will see all 3 sats from one location then. I was just hoping to be able to use my spare 36" dishes since we have so much rain fade here.

• the LNBF has "DP" logo, so it would be easy to pick (at eBay)
  • any size of reflector (3M 'spoon' dishes would be the best !) would works with DP LNBF, just use only one LNBF per dish
  • any DP/DPP switch will works for you [DP34 or DPP44, DPP64, etc]
  • be sure the big dishes: 1M, or 3M ;) fixed tight; at Bay Area we have constant earthquakes what tilting/moving walls/roofs slightly , so bigger dish should be watched and aligned sometimes - keep a spreadsheet of signals on each sat/tpn and use it as reference

Edited by P Smith, 20 August 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#26 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,024 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

• the LNBF has "DP" logo, so it would be easy to pick (at eBay)
  • any size of reflector (3M 'spoon' dishes would be the best !) would works with DP LNBF, just use only one LNBF per dish
  • any DP/DPP switch will works for you [DP34 or DPP44, DPP64, etc]
  • be sure the big dishes: 1M, or 3M ;) fixed tight; at Bay Area we have constant earthquakes what tilting/moving walls/roofs slightly , so bigger dish should be watched and aligned sometimes - keep a spreadsheet of signals on each sat/tpn and use it as reference

A "DP" switch P. Smith?

Don't the Hopper tuners require 3 "DPP" blocks?

I understand its acceptable to use DP LNBFs for the dishes, but the multi-switch must be DPP to feed a Hopper or any other Dish DVR for that matter with a single coax line to it.

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#27 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,849 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

you're right, I'm missed he has the H

regarding what  Solo or Duo Node require as input ... I'm not sure if a DP switch will not works for TWO satellites...

technically, it will be enough... yeah, some chances of stubborn FW coding perhaps will ruin my idea ;)

yes, for three sats DPP switch is must

Edited by P Smith, 20 August 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#28 OFFLINE   34Ford

34Ford

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

Looking at Sadoun and I was wondering if I could use a DPP33?   Or is the 44 required because it has the external power?

Dennis

#29 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 857 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

Looking at Sadoun and I was wondering if I could use a DPP33?   Or is the 44 required because it has the external power?

My guess is that it would work but I would still get the DPP44 switch, just 10 bucks more, and you would then be in a position to expand your system if it ever became necessary or desired.

BTW, in your picture above, the line to output 1 which requires the power inserter doesn't need to be used for feeding the mono or duonode.

In my setup it was more advantageous to mount it closer to the switch, in the garage, and AC power was already there for other things.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...