Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Learn from your elders

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   citico

citico

Legend

• Registered
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:07 AM

> A lawyer and a senior citizen are sitting next to each other on a long flight. The lawyer is thinking that seniors are so dumb that he could get one over on them easy.
>

> So the lawyer asks if the senior would like to play a fun game.
>
> The senior is tired and just wants to take a nap, so he politely declines and tries to catch a few winks.
>

> The lawyer persists, saying that the game is a lot of fun. “I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me only $5. Then you ask me one, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you $500,” he says.
>

> This catches the senior's attention and to keep the lawyer quiet, he agrees to play the game.
>

> The lawyer asks the first question. “What's the distance from the Earth to the Moon?”
>

> The senior doesn't say a word, but reaches into his pocket, pulls out a five-dollar bill, and hands it to the lawyer.
>

> Now it's the senior's turn. He asks the lawyer, “What goes up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?”
>

> The lawyer uses his laptop and searches all references he could find on the Net. He sends e-mails to all the smart friends he knows, all to no avail. After an hour of searching, he finally gives up.
>

> He wakes the senior and hands him $500. The senior pockets the $500 and goes right back to sleep.
>

> The lawyer is going nuts not knowing the answer. He wakes the senior up and asks, “Well, so what goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four?”
>

> The senior reaches into his pocket, hands the lawyer $5 and goes back to sleep.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:21 AM

I will give the answer to anybody that wants it for five dollars.:)

#3 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,181 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:11 PM

I have seen several variations of this joke floating around over the years but no matter how one changes it, it is still a classic..

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#4 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

Gotta love it:)
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant