Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Intermittent PBS problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lee635

lee635

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

I am having a problem with the local PBS over-the-air channel. It will come in with a 65% signal for a while then go to zero, then back up to 65%.

I only get two channels over-the-air and the NBC channel comes in fine with a steady 65% signal strength.

It seems that rebooting the receiver seems to help, but maybe that's just wishful thinking?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. - Ghandi

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,085 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:16 PM

Sounds like multipath interference. Can you turn the antenna 5 degrees or so one way or the other and see if the problem disappears or changes?

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   lee635

lee635

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

No, if I turn the antenna either way a few degrees, both channels go to zero. I am on a hill with lots of redwood trees and basically found a sweet spot where the signal comes in. In fact, I tried putting the antenna up 5 and 10 feet higher and completely lost the signal in all directions. I am just scratching my head about why the signal comes in and out, as it seems strong when it comes in. Maybe a tree blowing in the wind??? ;) Or maybe someone's wifi is interfering or something like that...I don't know.

Thanks for the reply.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. - Ghandi

#4 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:01 AM

I am having a problem with the local PBS over-the-air channel. It will come in with a 65% signal for a while then go to zero, then back up to 65%.

I only get two channels over-the-air and the NBC channel comes in fine with a steady 65% signal strength.

It seems that rebooting the receiver seems to help, but maybe that's just wishful thinking?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

By chance are you having a problem with KIXE PBS? Are you having this problem with a specific receiver?

spam firewall