Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Bucks and Brewers game on Dish Network?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MilFan

MilFan

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

Hello,

I just signed up for a bundle with Dish Network. I was told that I would receive all the Brewers and Bucks programming that is scheduled to be played on FS Wisconsin. I live in Madison, and only get FS North in the bundle. I have heard from others that during the games, alternate channels would appear for the Bucks/Brewers games that are on FS Wisconsin. I had a few questions:

1. Is this accurate?
2. Are these channels HD (assuming they are scheduled to be in HD on FS Wisconsin)?
3. Do these channels move around in terms of #, or do they remain constant?

Thank you in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

HD games on RSNs only appear in the guide when a game is scheduled. There are few, if any 24/7 HD RSNs on Dish at this time. When a game is scheduled there is usually a second channel that may be the same channel number as the 24/7 SD channel (for example my RSNs are 425 & 431. There is an HD version of these channels that only have programs on during games (and not necessarily every game, at times the pro league schedules maxes out Dish's HD capacity so some games are either not carried or are "JIP" -joined in progress). The only full time HD RSN I get is The Big 10 Network (why does college sports outrank pro sports when it comes to HD carriage?).
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#3 OFFLINE   MilFan

MilFan

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:27 PM

Ok, so if I'm reading this correctly:

1. Yes, I will get the Brewers/Bucks games carried by FS Wisconsin on the alternate channels, but those channels will only be available for the games
2. The games should be in HD (if carried in HD by FS Wisconsin), but might not be due to HD overload on Dish Network

Is that accurate?

#4 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

Ok, so if I'm reading this correctly:

1. Yes, I will get the Brewers/Bucks games carried by FS Wisconsin on the alternate channels, but those channels will only be available for the games

2. The games should be in HD (if carried in HD by FS Wisconsin), but might not be due to HD overload on Dish Network

Is that accurate?

IIRC, you will probly not get both Bucks and Brewers on nites if there is a conflict as long as the Crew is still playing.

#5 OFFLINE   MilFan

MilFan

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

Correct, I would just get whatever was scheduled for FS Wisconsin between Bucks/Brewers, not both. That would only come into play for the first couple weeks of April.

#6 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

I believe all of the Brewers games were produced in HD by FS WI. For my liking there is too many Brewer games that are not passed on in HD....but, since they have recently sent up another bird there is chatter of full-time RSN's on the horizon. I do not watch enough Bucks (usually just the beginning of the season or so) to know if that also affects their games.

#7 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:22 AM

is FS WI a spin off to FS north? I mean when the pro teams arent playing they run the same programming right?

#8 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

Correct, I would just get whatever was scheduled for FS Wisconsin between Bucks/Brewers, not both. That would only come into play for the first couple weeks of April.

Never say never. In my neck of the woods there has been times when a Cavs game and a Blue Jackets game was on at the same time. The Jackets game sometimes is on an alt channel while the Cavs are always on the main FS Ohio channel. As always YMMV!
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...