Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

We're a Nielsen Family

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   CoriBright

CoriBright

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 11:44 PM

We were asked to be a Nielson Family last summer but then they said they didn't support the Dish PVR 508 receiver we have...so we were turned down.
I wonder how many families are turned down because of unsupported Dish (or DBS) receivers?

We were turned down 3 weeks ago because they can't hook up 6000 receivers and we have two of them.

Bummer isn't it.
Cari
www.coribright.com
www.juganet.com
www.jaredletochat.com
www.doausa.com

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   music_beans

music_beans

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 05:31 PM

Just got our little log books in the mail yesterday and beginning tomorrow, we log every program we watch on each tv for a week. Should prove quite interesting. They told me that shows we don't watch live (we never watch live tv any more) just to write the word time-shifted next to the title.

Have any of the rest of you been asked to be a Nielsen family?

We are now one! Got our little log books on tuesday, and we start keeping track tomorrow. :)
Do you DVR?

#23 OFFLINE   Karl Foster

Karl Foster

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 11:08 AM

There is a certain level of confidentiality involved, so don't reveal any of your entries here. :)

I found the experience to be quite interesting, but I was sure glad to be done recording everything in those books after a week!
"If you took the time to get to know me, well, you'd be wasting your time. I am exactly who you think I am." - Earl Hickey

#24 OFFLINE   HarryD

HarryD

Icon

• Registered
  • 597 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA

Posted 13 November 2003 - 02:56 PM

I did it a long time ago. Did they include money? I remember doing this a getting a dollar... I may be confusing two different things here...
HarryD

#25 OFFLINE   bobsupra

bobsupra

Work In Progress

• Gold Members
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 01:10 PM

I did the logbook at couple of years ago. At first I thought it to be a pain; but then, I realized, that if I didn't do it some yahoo who didn't watch my shows would do the log and my shows would be cancelled. Wait a minute, I did do the log and my shows were still cancelled. Hmmm.

#26 OFFLINE   nielsenguy

nielsenguy

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 09:35 PM

We were turned down 3 weeks ago because they can't hook up 6000 receivers and we have two of them.

Bummer isn't it.

Some technologies and set tops are just outside of our ability to capture 100% of the viewing. While those homes might be excluded from participation today ... we are constantly engineering new solutions and do go back and revisit homes when a solution is available.

#27 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 09:15 PM

I thought the receiver just had to have a serial port on the back of it to work with the black box? I received a dollar the last time I done the log book.

#28 OFFLINE   MagicConch

MagicConch

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 10:13 PM

The guy who did Family Guy is getting a new show on Fox.

#29 OFFLINE   mjz

mjz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 10:14 PM

YES!!!! http://66.118.152.6/news.php?id=2374

spam firewall