Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DTV HR Remote behavior erratic...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jayreddy61

jayreddy61

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:05 AM

I have 3 brand new HR 24s and they were working fine for about a month and today are all starting to act erratically when a remote command is sent...For instance when navigating menus if I press the down arrow Once in the menu or list the recivere flickers several times and the selection is moved down several units instead of just the one space down...same thing happens in the guides and menus...

I have tested with 3 different remotes on all three recievers...all are on RF different frequencies...

I have preformed both soft menu resets as well as graceful power off resets...

I am also on the 40d latest firmware and have been for a while

Any suggestions

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   scott0702

scott0702

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:10 PM

I have been experiencing the same over the last several days. I have HR20's, HR21's and HR23. The receiver is very delayed after using the remote to tune to a channel then it is erratic for a few minutes.

#3 OFFLINE   armchair

armchair

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

I have 3 brand new HR 24s and they were working fine for about a month and today are all starting to act erratically when a remote command is sent...For instance when navigating menus if I press the down arrow Once in the menu or list the recivere flickers several times and the selection is moved down several units instead of just the one space down...same thing happens in the guides and menus...

I have tested with 3 different remotes on all three recievers...all are on RF different frequencies...

I have preformed both soft menu resets as well as graceful power off resets...

I am also on the 40d latest firmware and have been for a while

Any suggestions

I've seen this reported a few times but no further updates...

I've suggested calibrating remote response by holding play button until slow-motion starts and tap the play button to resume normal p/b. Try it and see if this will correct your key-bounce issue.

It may be me but I suspect this calibration may be getting reset by some or all of the following: pressing and holding the info button, RBRs, menu restarts & f/w upgrades.

#4 OFFLINE   Decolliber

Decolliber

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:34 AM

I have had an HR24 in service for about 3 days and have noticed the same thing. Frequently, if you press an up or down menu command, the receiver either does not respond at all or starts "racing" - going through dozens of lines, hitting a "stop" and then beeping away for a while.

ps. what is an RBR?

#5 OFFLINE   armchair

armchair

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

I have had an HR24 in service for about 3 days and have noticed the same thing. Frequently, if you press an up or down menu command, the receiver either does not respond at all or starts "racing" - going through dozens of lines, hitting a "stop" and then beeping away for a while.

ps. what is an RBR?

RBR=Red Button Reboot. The red button is behind the front panel door along with the access card. Although Directv mentions it as a means of restarting a receiver in their on-board T/S notes, I only recommend the RBR for a frozen UI (User Interface). Use the menu restart whenever possible.

Anyone know of a solution for the racing or "key-bounce" issue?

#6 OFFLINE   GBFAN

GBFAN

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:34 AM

I just got an HR24-500 last Friday and I noticed the same issue. You can be just trying to scroll through the guide or move ahead a couple hours on a specific channel and all of a sudden it will just start going through the guide by itself.

#7 OFFLINE   DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523

Godfather

• Registered
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

I really loved this HR24 a couple of months ago, but now it is slowing down as bad as my HR21. On Saturday night, it totally stopped functioning in the middle of the Boise State game, and after about 5 minutes, it rebooted itself (I did nothing). Weird pattern of behavior.
  • Swim LNB
  • HR21-200 Bonus Room
  • HR24-200 Family Room
  • H24-100 Bedroom
  • MRV enabled

spam firewall