Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Free Preview of NFL Red Zone on Sunday 9/19

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SDWC

SDWC

AllStar

• Registered
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:11 PM

I understand this has been noted in the Uplink thread but for those who don't read it often, the Red Zone is available for free preview this Sunday afternoon.

The guide is showing the information on channels 155 and 155HD. Also 9467 for the HD feed.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:54 AM

WARNING!

Once you have access to this channel you will want to subscribe to it!! :D

#3 OFFLINE   CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:55 AM

Your right I subscribed to the Sports Pack last week just for this channel and after 1 week I am hooked and in love :)

#4 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

WARNING!

Once you have access to this channel you will want to subscribe to it!! :D

Very true! Sunday afternoons (during NFL season) will NEVER be the same for me. ENJOY! :D

#5 OFFLINE   rcpilot82

rcpilot82

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

I understand this has been noted in the Uplink thread but for those who don't read it often, the Red Zone is available for free preview this Sunday afternoon.

The guide is showing the information on channels 155 and 155HD. Also 9467 for the HD feed.

Thanks for the HD feed channel. Called Dish and asked if RZ was available in HD for the free pre-view. Sales rep said no. Guess she didn't get the memo.
Setup - Living Room:
HR20-700 (Direct HDMI connection to TV)
H21-100 (Direct HDMI connection to TV)
Onkyo TX-SR705
Sony KDS-60A2000
Vizio
Harmony 880 Remote
XBox360
PS3
Aperion 7.1 Speaker System

#6 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

Why was i not given a phone call, a text message, a smoke signal and a hot stone massage indicating this

EDIT: Man, caps lock filter ruining my fun

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#7 OFFLINE   gomezma1

gomezma1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 460 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:50 PM

I just tried it and the channel is not listed.

#8 OFFLINE   opus74

opus74

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

What a great channel.

Now how do I make that silly "Press select for Player Stats" popup quit coming up every time they switch games? :confused:
Opus74

New Dish Subscriber 2/2/09.
1000.2 with (2) VIP 211k 1. WD 640G EHD; 2. WD 1TB EHD.
Turbo Bronze HD only.

#9 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,795 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:43 PM

I just tried it and the channel is not listed.

It was probably off-air already if you tried around the time you posted.

RedZone comes on around 1pm EDT and runs until 7:30pm EDT or somewhere around there if there is still a game going. They have to be off-air contractually before the NBC Sunday night game comes on.. so they have a hard cutoff by 8pm I think, but usually cut-out earlier once all the games have ended..

Today would have been a good day to check and see how late that was because Houston vs Washington was still going at 7:30pm and might have been the only game still going.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#10 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:46 PM

they ran until 7:40PM Eastern tonight with the Texans-Skins OT.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#11 OFFLINE   Chihuahua

Chihuahua

Legend

• Registered
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:58 AM

I had a pretty good time Sunday watching the free NFL Red Zone preview.

#12 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

i got to see it in hd for once. i didnt see the popup msg but i think thats cuz i was using pip the whole day. i did see it last week on the standard def ch. And learned not to press select when your watching on delay. it jumps to live when u do.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#13 OFFLINE   ggotch5445

ggotch5445

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:34 PM

I have to admit that I enjoyed the free look at the Red Zone! And I had my dad over and he seemed to appreciate it- especially since his team, the Steelers, were not being broadcast here locally.

I found the Zone interesting, and it made for the longest interval where I have sat down and watched football.

Not being an avid football/sports watcher, I find myself wishing that the NFL, or Dish, would offer such a unique programing choice, as available for a yearly, one time fee, for the few months pro football is active- offering only the Red Zone for that period, as a stand alone item. I see a tremendous potential audience for the Zone, and think it could reach even more individuals, that might not ordinarily watch the NFL, or sports in general.

And yet, The Zone could still, very well make "full time", regular, in-depth NFL watchers, by essentially demo-ing games. It could be great for all concerned, if it was offered as a stand alone, limited programing choice, rather than being bundled with other sports programming that many, like myself, may not want, or already are getting.

I know that programing choices that are, or border on alacarte, are not generally feasible, but the Red Zone may well be one of the most innovative ideas that has come down in awhile. Truly, someone at a corporate level was thinking out of the box, for a change! :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...