Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

EI Mix Channel Down?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:21 AM

The Extra Innings Mix channel is now grayed out in my guide and when I switch to it I just get the DirecTV logo. Is any other EI sub getting the channel now?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:25 AM

It is the HD EI Mix Channel, 720-1 that is down. The SD channel is still up

#3 OFFLINE   d max82

d max82

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

last yearthey stopped the mlb mx channel on sunday once the nfl started due to lack of equipment to support both at the same time. i would suspect the same thing this year.

#4 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

last yearthey stopped the mlb mx channel on sunday once the nfl started due to lack of equipment to support both at the same time. i would suspect the same thing this year.

Lack of equipment? You mean bandwidth?

Besides, it as up last week.

Does that mean they do not have enough bandwidth to add any more additional HD channels until the next satellite launch? It doesn't make sense they they would be hurting for bandwidth.

#5 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:49 PM

If the responses to this thread are any indication, then I can see why they took it down. I must be the only one wanting to watch it

#6 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:52 PM

I can say for certain that this will be the last year I sub to IE. Next year I will sub to MLB.TV and watch through my PS3. Not only will it cost me less, I will be able to watch it in more places.

#7 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:59 AM

Guess what? Yep, down again this week.

The one day in which three teams can clinch a spot. The one day I was looking forward to watching multiple games at the same time and switch quickly to which ever one I want, is the 2nd day in which they take this one channel down that I am paying for.

Needless to say, I am pissed

#8 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:03 PM

Called them and asked to speak to a supervisor. I told the supervisor what is going on and she was unaware of any issues. When she checked she did confirm that they take this channel down today and last week. I was very nice and respectful on the phone, and as a result of them removing this channel they are now giving me a $10 credit per month for the rest of the time ST is on (the next 5 months)

ETA: Just checked my account on-line and the credit is there. Listed as a $10 sports charge credit

ETA2: Just got an e-mail confirmation too

Edited by DodgerKing, 26 September 2010 - 12:12 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   convem24

convem24

Icon

• Registered
  • 642 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:08 PM

Dodger King, I feel for ya. It might actually be equipment or capacity. I have a friend who used to work for D* as an engineer and he said the mosaic (or mix) channels required different equipment but who really knows.
Current Setup
Premier with HD and DVR with NFLST, NFLST To Go, NHL CI, NBA League Pass and MLB EI.
2 HR21-700s (Current National release)
1 R15-500 (Current National release)
1 R22 with HD now!!!(Current National release)
Samsung LNT4071 (40 inch LCD)
Panasonic TH-50PZ80U
Samsung LN40C530F1
Directv customer since August 2006

#10 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:16 PM

Dodger King, I feel for ya. It might actually be equipment or capacity. I have a friend who used to work for D* as an engineer and he said the mosaic (or mix) channels required different equipment but who really knows.

From what the supervisor found it, paraphrasing here, she said it has to do with the interactive software in the mix channels. Technical issues occur when multiple mix channels are up at the same time and the easiest way for them to fix it is to reduce the number of mix channels up at the same time. Which means something had to go and that was EI.

I am paying for EI and should not have a loss of programming that I am paying extra for. So as a result, she did credit my account for the loss. This was much more than I expected. I was just going to tell her to remove the auto renew for EI and I was going to sign up for MLB.TV next year instead. She gave me the discount before I had a chance to tell her to remove it. I will remove it myself on-line after the baseball season ends

Edited by DodgerKing, 26 September 2010 - 12:32 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:22 PM

Now I see why they take it down. I must be the only one that even cared?
:P

#12 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

I don't think that many people even use the mix channel for Sunday Ticket because it's buggy. I know I never did.

Sorry you didn't get the EI Mix for one day but with just 3 games to track I'd think it would be easier (the way I watch sports) to have one game on each tuner and the 3rd on a swap on one of the tuners. Can switch pretty quickly between the 3 that way. Probably faster then going to the Mix channel, wait 30 seconds for the audio to load and the control to actually work to switch channels (my experience).

Good luck.

#13 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

All is good anyway. Got a discount and nobody clinched today. It will be up again tomorrow.

I usually only check the mix channel to quickly check the progress of many games, but I usually do not watch it. Today would have been one of the few days I was going to watch it for the last few minutes to hour of several games

#14 OFFLINE   Avder

Avder

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:29 AM

Whats annoying is pretty much all summer DirecTV has carried the High Def feed of WFTC which shows the Twins on sunday. These past two sundays have been ugly, downrezzed SD only.

spam firewall