Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

getting 622 replaced

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wilssm

wilssm

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

Hello just had tech support agree to replace my 622 (intermitten reboots and picture failure) My question is does dish still make the 622 or will I receive a different receiver.
Thanks Wilssm

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:15 PM

Hello just had tech support agree to replace my 622 (intermitten reboots and picture failure) My question is does dish still make the 622 or will I receive a different receiver.

It's being reported that you may get a 622, a 722, or a 722k. I believe that all three of these are actually out of production - not positive about the 722k.

Edited by SaltiDawg, 20 September 2010 - 06:21 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,509 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

Last I was aware replacements are different than upgrades or new installs.

So while it is tough to request a specific receiver as new or upgrade... there should be available replacements for all models.

I would expect you to get a 622 to replace a broken 622.

Of course, there would eventually come a day when they don't have functional 622 in stock to refurb and send out... so there will eventually be a time when you would get a 722 or something newer.

I'd doubt you would get a 722K, though, since that would require a separate OTA module to provide the same functionality... and I don't think they are wanting to give those modules for free just yet.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#4 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:31 PM

Last I was aware replacements are different than upgrades or new installs.
I'd doubt you would get a 722K, though, since that would require a separate OTA module to provide the same functionality... and I don't think they are wanting to give those modules for free just yet.

I failed to make the distinction between upgrade and replacement.

I received a free OTA module with my 722k a4 months ago.

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,509 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:34 PM

I failed to make the distinction between upgrade and replacement.

I received a free OTA module with my 722k a4 months ago.

That's good to know... I personally always felt like the module should come with the receiver anyway. Making it a module still is helpful since the 722K and 922 can use the same one... and if a problem develops it can easily be replaced.

I remember the old 6000 HD receiver had an OTA module that was optional at first... but by the time I had bought my receiver they were giving it standard along with the receiver... so maybe the 722K and 922 will go that direction.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#6 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

That's good to know... I personally always felt like the module should come with the receiver anyway. ...

When I received my 722k, both the receiver and also the OTA module were brand new... I had to install the OTA module in the receiver.

With all the new network shows this week, last night I actually had four timers recording simultaneously while I was watching something I had previously recorded. Pretty amazing. It's come a long way since my 5000 receiver years ago.

spam firewall