Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722k records on tv1, freezes on tv2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   joannefm2

joannefm2

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

We got dish 4 months ago. First 3 months, everything ok. Then this month, it will record on TV1, but if I tried on TV2 to either a) play back; B) check recordings, or c) check the online guide, it would freeze up and shut down. Actually, it would freeze up/shut down if I did ANYTHING except watch live tv. (If I was recording on both 1 & 2, then I would lose portions of both programs.) So, dish replaced my receiver - 3 more times. Two days ago, a tech came out, replaced the eye in the satellite dish, re-ran the cables, installed another new receiver. Same problem. This is my 4th receiver in 1 month. All tech support will say is, "it's a bad hard drive" and send me another. So I will have had 5 receivers in one month. Since the unit was sending recording info to TV2 first, (which had the problem, so we figured we could at least get some programs if we moved them) we went to "preferences" and changed the primary to TV1. Guess what? We left for a few hours and now TV1 was the one freezing/shutting down. So I switched them back, because I also discovered that if I leave TV1 on 24/7, then it will record okay and not shut down. (It shouldn't have anything to do with it, but it does.) So until they fix this problem, I have to leave TV1 on all the time, whether I'm home or not, and I can only watch live tv on TV2. Has anyone had anything similar happen? Why do I have to leave my tv on all the time in order for it to not shut down? I know it doesn't make sense, but that's what's working for now.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SDWC

SDWC

AllStar

• Registered
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:51 PM

They probably upgraded your software level to 6.67 that would explain the erratic behavior. And the replacement boxes also have it I'd wager.

#3 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:28 PM

They probably upgraded your software level to 6.67 that would explain the erratic behavior.

Are you serious? :rolleyes:
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

spam firewall