Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 can't tune in to OTA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   festivus

festivus

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

Saw this issue just tonight. I noticed that I missed an OTA recording. Tried to tune to that channel and other OTA's and got the message signal lost. Did a rescan and found all usual OTA channels. Again tried to tune to any OTA and got the signal lost message.

I have an antenna in my attic and split the signal at the TV. One split goes to 622, other split to TV. TV tunes in OTA's without any issue. 622 scans them, shows them in guide, but can't tune to them. Very strange...

Update: Did a check switch and it fixed the issue. Only missed one show...

Edited by festivus, 21 September 2010 - 07:17 PM.

Panasonic TCP50S1 50 inch plasma in great room, Dish VIP622, Pioneer Surround System

Sanyo PLV-Z5 Projector in basement, 106 inch gray screen, 2nd Dish VIP622. LG Surround System

db2 antennna in attic for both VIP622s

Time Warner Roadrunner

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. ~Carl Sagan

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,528 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:35 PM

I've never seen that on a 622... but on my 922 (and I assume its possible with a 722K since they share the add-on OTA module) I had a problem a couple of times where the receiver did not detect the module installed, and a system reset cured things.

I've never had a problem like this on my 622 or 722... I recommend keeping a watch on it in case it is indicative of a soon-to-fail OTA tuner.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#3 OFFLINE   dclaryjr

dclaryjr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

My 622 refuses to show one local OTA even though my TV picks it up with no problem.
Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX
http://davidclary.com
HR24-200
HR21-100
H-23 x 2
JVC 56FN70 1080P LCOS
37" 1080P Sharp Aquos)
Two old TVs to be replaced with HD by end of year
Overpriced AV with psuedo-surround

#4 OFFLINE   festivus

festivus

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:43 AM

My second 622 had the exact same issue and I fixed it the exact same way. Too much of a coincidence to think that both could have some type of hardware failure at the same time.

Maybe a recent software upgrade hosed the OTA tuning? Something to watch.
Panasonic TCP50S1 50 inch plasma in great room, Dish VIP622, Pioneer Surround System

Sanyo PLV-Z5 Projector in basement, 106 inch gray screen, 2nd Dish VIP622. LG Surround System

db2 antennna in attic for both VIP622s

Time Warner Roadrunner

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. ~Carl Sagan

spam firewall