Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Harmony Remote Questions on Latest Release

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Eskimo

Eskimo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:10 PM

That explains it.. I switched our HR24 in the living room (which is close to a Panasonic Plasma as well) over to RF because I just through the IR range was weak. Hadn't thought of the plasma interfering with the signal.

Not too familiar with the 890, but it appears it's RF capable as well, so you should be able to pick up the RF receiver and emitters, and that should take care of the issue for you.
Rich in PA...

H24-700 - MBR 32" Vizio
HR24-200 - Great Room 50" Panny plasma w/ sound bar
HR24-200 - Theater room 128" 2.35:1 screen, Emotiva UMC-1, Klipsch KLF/KSP 7.1 speakers / Fi subs (18" x2), 3300 watts RMS.
MRV, ICK..

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:36 PM

It would be great if the 890's RF remote would work with a DirecTV DVR, but no, sorry. The RF systems are incompatible. Everyone's is. Bose uses a RF remote, too, and that doesn't work with either DirecTV or Harmony. There is no standardization for either the codes or the RF carrier frequency these systems use.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#23 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:23 AM

It would be great if the 890's RF remote would work with a DirecTV DVR, but no, sorry. The RF systems are incompatible. Everyone's is. Bose uses a RF remote, too, and that doesn't work with either DirecTV or Harmony. There is no standardization for either the codes or the RF carrier frequency these systems use.

Not entirely true about everyone's RF is incompatible. Here is a [link] to a thread discussing the Acoustic Research XSight ARRX18G that is compatible with the DIRECTV RF (w/o using an RF to IR extender).

On the Harmony issue, I have a 659 and my LCD definitely interferes with the IR signal. When I have the back-light setting too low on my LCD, my Harmony and DIRECTV remote won't work at all. So I have to keep it set at a higher level then I want, to keep everything working. Also, when there is a very dark scene on, my remotes won't work. I have to wait for a brighter scene to do anything.
HR34-700, HR22-100

spam firewall