Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Network remote control question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dave S.

Dave S.

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

Hello, I am new to the forum. I recently upgraded from a 625 reciever to two 722 DVR HD recievers so I can view different stations on 4 different televisions. I have 6 TVs in my home and I split the signal on one of my recievers so I can watch satelitte TV on the extra 2 TVs. My problem is that I cannot get my old 6.0 remote to control the extra TVs. On one 722 reciever the Secondary Remote Address is set to UHF Pro Band A (number is 5). I can set my remote to 5 and it controls the 2 TVs connected to this reiver. However, on the other reciever the Secondary Remote Address is set to 10 on UHF Pro Band B. I set my remote to 10 and it will not control the 2 TVs connected to this reciever (or my extra 2 TVs that are split off of this reciver). There is no A/B swith by the batteries on the 6.0 remote. Can I (and how) set the Secondary Remote Address to UHF Pro Band A or is there something I need to do to my remotes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

As you note, a 6.0 only supports UHF Band A. When you are looking at the Info screen that displays what address the receiver expects the remotes to be, you can CHANGE the receiver to match a remote by hitting the Record button. That should change the TV2 line from 10 UHF Pro B to N UHF Pro A if you hit Record with a 6.0 remote (and the key is set to UHF Pro and not IR). Then you have to change the TV2 remote that had been using 10 (A) to be whatever you have the 6.0 set to (assumes you want them both to work). As a test, just alternating between Record on the 6.0 and what you had been using (and I'm assuming it is a 6.x remote).

#3 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

Its a little more complicated than that if the OP has a 722K & the 21.0 remote because on the 21.0 remote all even addresses are band B and all odd addresses are band A.
Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#4 OFFLINE   Dave S.

Dave S.

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:07 AM

My 722 reciever did come with 21.0 remotes. As stated earlier one reciever is set at 5 and one set at 10. Is that going to cause problems? I will try changing the address via the record button later this evening.

#5 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:47 AM

Your 21.0 needs to have the address changed to an odd number, then the 6.0 needs to be changed to the same address.

#6 OFFLINE   Dave S.

Dave S.

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:24 AM

Thank you for all your responses. I set my 21.0 remote address to 5 and then set my additional remotes to 5 and everything works great. It is great to have forums like this!

#7 OFFLINE   ttfo

ttfo

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

How do I change the address on the 21.0 remote?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...