Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

JetBlue will have NFL Sunday Ticket in-flight

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:15 PM

From Twitter:

@DIRECTV - Starting Sunday, @JetBlue will have @DIRECTV’s exclusive NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ in-flight through the regular season.

More information: http://bit.ly/JBFootball
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 656 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:17 PM

From Twitter:

@DIRECTV - Starting Sunday, @JetBlue will have @DIRECTV’s exclusive NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ in-flight through the regular season.

yeah, but a lot of people are getting deals on ST which covers the whole season and not just a two hour flight for about the same price as a single round trip air ticket.

#3 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

yeah, but a lot of people are getting deals on ST which covers the whole season and not just a two hour flight for about the same price as a single round trip air ticket.

Its not about what deals people are getting at home
If I knew this before I booked my November trip to Phoenix with a return on Sunday I would have booked JetBlue.
I think alot of football fans will jump on this.

Edited by Boston_bill, 23 September 2010 - 03:48 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   pappy97

pappy97

Icon

• No PM's
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

From Twitter:

This is awesome, and makes sense. To the extent people don't want to fly on NFL Sunday's because of football, this would help alleviate those concerns.

There better be NO blackouts though on Jetblue, even when parked at a gate.

Hell they could even offer NFLST flights. Like a flight from California (Oakland/SF/Long Beach/etc) to NYC that departs at 10:00am Pacific (or vice versa departing at 1:00pm ET). I think JetBlue does this flight in 5:15. That would get you the entire early slate plus much of the late set.

Way to go DirecTV and JetBlue!!
My setup (TV + DirecTV):
Master Bedroom: LG 32" 120hz LCD TV, GENIE Client
Living room: Samsung 46" 120hz LED LCD TV 7000 series, GENIE Master
Dedicated HT: Epson 8700UB projector with 150" 16:9 painted on screen and 180" 2.4:1 painted on screen, HD-DVR (HR22), Denon AVR-890, Klipsch Icon Front Speakers, Center Speaker, and Klipsch Icon Floorstanders for side and rear speakers (6 total floorstanders), subwoofer is BIC America V-1220 12" down-firing sub

#5 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,317 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:49 PM

Great idea. I wonder if JetBlue is paying DirecTV for this or is DirecTV paying JetBlue?

#6 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:53 PM

There better be NO blackouts though on Jetblue, even when parked at a gate.

Odds are it will begin about 10 minutes into the flight and end about 10 minutes before landing.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#7 OFFLINE   Eskimo

Eskimo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

You can bet they won't have LOS issues.. :D
Rich in PA...

H24-700 - MBR 32" Vizio
HR24-200 - Great Room 50" Panny plasma w/ sound bar
HR24-200 - Theater room 128" 2.35:1 screen, Emotiva UMC-1, Klipsch KLF/KSP 7.1 speakers / Fi subs (18" x2), 3300 watts RMS.
MRV, ICK..

#8 OFFLINE   Garyunc

Garyunc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

translation = Jet Blue Sunday flights just got more expensive :)

Really I have priced their Saturday afternoon flights (during football season) before and they were always more expensive than other times.

In any case I am still happy to see this but with more airline flights now offering wi-fi Sunday ticket to go will work just as well. Well if Sunday ticket to go would work well then it would :)

#9 OFFLINE   JMII

JMII

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:52 PM

I don't care how much JetBlue charges - between comfortable seats with actual leg room and personal DirecTV they are my preferred air carrier.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...