Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVR black screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rockinone

rockinone

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a directv hd dvr that has been doing a LOT of strange and irritating things lately. We will be watching and for no reason it goes to a black screen for a couple seconds then we see no signal then it pops back on. It also will all of a sudden have the right side of the screen on the left and the left on the right. There are some other things it does but they are hard to explain. I called DTV and they had me do something like a defrag or disc check on it. It is still doing some of the stuff. Could it be the reciever or cables or the little b band converter in the back? I am over all this aggravation with this thing - we can't sit down and watch soemthing without these blips happening.
It will go to black screen for a few seconds and have black and white zig zaggy lines across the bottom part of the screen. When I push the back buttom for a few seconds it clears up for a bit then starts again. So it is not recording the problem. It is not hooked up with hdmi so it is not that cable. Also I can hear the audio when the screen goes black. This is driving me nutty!!!
Thanks for ideas or help!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:17 PM

It's dying. You need a replacement. Call DirecTV.

spam firewall