Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20-100 blinking Blue Ring..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jrodfoo

jrodfoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 458 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:34 PM

I came home from work to see my HR20-100 with flashing/blinking blue ring.. RBR had no effect the few times I tried... then waited a few minutes and then it kicked in to the disk scan which i guess was fine, then downloaded the satellite info and now it's running with no issues. I didn't have it on when I left for work.

Do you guys think the Hard Drive is going bad?

Thanks in advance!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

Maybe, you caught it in the middle of a restart. Did you notice if the software version changed? After a restart the unit is left on.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   jrodfoo

jrodfoo

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 458 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:09 PM

Maybe, you caught it in the middle of a restart. Did you notice if the software version changed? After a restart the unit is left on.

software version didn't change. things seem ok now. I want to get a HR24 so I might be looking for one sooner than I thought though :)

spam firewall