Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP622 and 722K installation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   khichadi

khichadi

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:40 PM

I have one VIP622 (dual tuner HD/SD) at my home. I need another HD receiver and received 722k. I have one cable coming from my switch (DPP44) to room where 722k wil be installed (same as 622). I want to make sure about installtion part. I guess I need to use dish splitter and connect two cables to two tuners (same as 622). Do I need to change any LNB etc...Dish guy was telling me that I may not get two HD chnnels at the same time on two receivers. That doesn't make sense. is he correct? I have a big dish with 4 lnb (119, 118, 110, 129) and on 622 I get everything including local HD. I am not interested in OTV at all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:44 PM

You need to run a single cable from the DPP44 to the new receiver then use a SEPERATOR behind the receiver to seperate the stacked signals to the two tuners.

Your DPP44 can supply signal to 4 receivers with no problem.

I have no idea what the Dish guy was talking about either, each receiver is independent and able to tune any channel you are subscribe to. AFAIK you can tune all 4 sat tuners to the same channel.

He may have been alluding to the fact that the second output from each receiver is always SD, who knows.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#3 OFFLINE   khichadi

khichadi

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

Thanks

#4 OFFLINE   mountaintop

mountaintop

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

If I can ask two question here also. New Dish network user second day. Directv now hates me but my tree love me.(eastern Arc)

I have a new 722 and two 622 all being feed straight from the dish it looks like in the attic. Each coax runs to one of the receivers.

If I want to add a receiver can I add a diplexer to one of the three coax? I'm use to a swm or switch inside the attic.

Can I add a separator to get the Home Distribution output from the 722 back into the coax and pull it back out with another on at the 622. I see mention of a dp separator but not sure what I need.

Thanks. everything is working and don't want to screw it up now. I can run a new coax from the 722 to the 622 but many walls exist and maybe the way.

I will say the installer did a great job as I had three tivos and one HD dvr(broken) and helped me get my sound system running. ONE big pile of extra cables and open slots in tv stand maybe for a PS3?
If there is a place to look and read please point me to better understand this new system. Old directv system was 5 years old.
thanks

#5 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:47 PM

Each receiver must have its own line from the switch. The one built in to the Dish 1000.2 and 1000.4 has only 3 outputs. The way to add a receiver is to run the 3 lines from the dish to an external DPP44 switch, or you could put up another dish if that's easier than running a line from the first dish.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

spam firewall