Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Switching Dish receivers within the home

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   artcal

artcal

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:12 PM

I apologize because this question was addressed for people with Directv but not for Dish Network. I would think that the answer would be the same for both but they are different companies. I need to know if this also applies to people that have Dish Network.

I have a Dish VIP 622 in the family/kitchen area and one in the home entertainment area. Switching the receivers is a no brainer. It's simple and straightforward but like was mentioned in the Directv thread, I want to make sure there are no issues with Dish Network or in switching the receivers.

Do I need to contact Dish Network after switching?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:17 PM

Dish doesn't care if you switch receivers, but WILL care if you "break" your system by doing so. If you've had any type of service within the last 60 days, you will screw over the tech if you call, as he'll be charged with a Repeat Trouble Call.

So, as long as you understand what you are doing, and/or come here for help instead of to Dish, move away.

NOTE: unplug your receivers and let them spin down and cool off a bit before moving them, and be VERY careful with the HDMI connections, which are very weak on the 622.

#3 OFFLINE   artcal

artcal

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:41 PM

Thanks for your prompt response. Very much appreciated.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,449 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:47 AM

About the only exception to this would be IF you were configured to backfeed the RF modulated output from a 622 via the SAT line and then to another room in your home.

In that scenario, IF you move your 622 to another room you would have to do some re-cabling possibly to make things work right.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

spam firewall