Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Need help. 2 HDTV's and receiver setup
Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:08 PM
Currently they have SD in front and back with the back just hooked up thru coax. I called Dish to upgrade to HD and mentioned this setup and they said my parents would only need one box in the living (which I found to be a bit odd since I would think the HD needs to come thru the HDMI cord on a new receiver).
So my question(s) are:
1. Am I correct in assuming they will now need two HD boxes (one HD DVR in the living room and a HD receiver for the bedroom)?
2. If so, which boxes do I get for them to watch their HD DVR'd shows in the bedroom.
3. Any suggestions on an easier setup?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:14 PM
If they don't care as much about HD in the bedroom, the 722 running in single mode will output HD-scaled SD on TV2.
"Belligerent and numerous."
Cord cut entirely! LR: Vizio 1080p 42" & Roku 4, BR: Toshiba 720p 32" & Roku 3, Game room: Vizio E43, 360, and PC. Plex server with 4TB storage, Tablo OTA DVR.
Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:54 PM
Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:17 PM
Dish receivers do not currently have the ability to share programs.
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why