Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24-500 slip to skip

xfdsd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bruce M.

Bruce M.

AllStar

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

So, I'm playing around with my brand new HR24, and I'm trying to figure out how to change slip to skip. The manual calls it a "skip" already (the "advance button") but it is slipping, not skipping. When I try to change it the old way, by Keyword searching "30Skip", I just get a "no such program" message, even though I am definitely using the Keyword search function, not the title function. Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:55 PM

You ignore that message and just select OK or is it DONE.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,882 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

You will get the message about there being no such program because there isn't one. :grin:

However, just hit done and you're done. 30skip should be enabled regardless of the message.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#4 OFFLINE   Bruce M.

Bruce M.

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:01 PM

Thanks. That did it. You select "Done", even though you've just been told that it can't find what you have been looking for. Not a model of clarity on this unit, but bless this Board!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...