Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Retrans Dispute with MSG over Fuse (Channels Off 10-1-2010)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

• Registered
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

It is the NHL's rights out of market ... perhaps there is some loophole with MSG HD (such as not being on satellite or MSG refusing to authorize a receiver for DISH to receive the feed, despite the NHL's rights).

Cablevision's contention with respect to MSG HD has always been the terrestrial loophole. When that got closed up this year they still refused to do anything about it and Dish sued them back in...July, I believe.

I love the Rangers, but I hate Cablevision and Dolan and everything he's done to destroy my team.

"Belligerent and numerous."

SlingTV, Tablo and Plex to Roku 3s and Chromecasts on a Vizio 42" in the living room and a Toshiba 32" in my bedroom. Xbox 360 client on a Westinghouse 42" in the game room. Tablets EVERYWHERE!

I used to update the Dish Network FAQ but not anymore.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   Milleruszk

Milleruszk

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:42 AM

Still no movement on the Dish vs MSG front. This is not looking good. Dish has never come to terms with the YES network so I am beginning to think the MSG situation will be handled the same way. :nono2:

#28 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

• Registered
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:38 PM

If they keep bitching that Dish needs to take Fuse we'll never get it back.

SlingTV, Tablo and Plex to Roku 3s and Chromecasts on a Vizio 42" in the living room and a Toshiba 32" in my bedroom. Xbox 360 client on a Westinghouse 42" in the game room. Tablets EVERYWHERE!

#29 OFFLINE   Milleruszk

Milleruszk

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

Rasputin,

You are right about Dolan....I can't stand looking at that guy. I would listen to the games on the radio than subscribe to Cablevision.

#30 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

• Registered
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:08 PM

Rasputin,

You are right about Dolan....I can't stand looking at that guy. I would listen to the games on the radio than subscribe to Cablevision.

About the only thing that schmuck's done right is to lower ticket prices this season. I actually considered a half-season package.

#31 OFFLINE   tommiet

tommiet

Godfather

• Registered
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

What's a Buffalo Sabre?
**** HARDWARE *****
2 Dish Hoppers (Gave up trying to get a Joey to work)
VIZIO 55” and 48" TruLED LCD 3D HDTV with VIZIO
JVC HDI RX-D402B Receiver
2 SLINGBOX PRO'S

#32 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,856 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:42 AM

As a side effect of the Cablevision-Fox dispute with Cablevision calling for arbitration, we have this article:

The Madison Square Garden Network, which earlier this year was spun off from Cablevision, said Tuesday it is willing to submit its carriage dispute with Dish Network to outside arbitration.

..."It is stunning to see how the Cablevision family will flip flop on any issue to achieve their transparent goal of making their own subscribers suffer long enough to force politicians to intervene," said Fox.

"MSG has never said we would not submit to binding arbitration," countered MSG.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#33 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

• Registered
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

Wow, I'm SHOCKED.`

#34 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

As a side effect of the Cablevision-Fox dispute with Cablevision calling for arbitration, we have this article:

This is another article about the entire process and some ideas on how to change things in the future.

this article

#35 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

• Registered
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:19 AM

MSG Networks actually attempted to respond to me on Facebook. They posted another blurb about "The New York Rangers headed north to take on the Boston Bruins, but DISH Network no longer carries MSG Networks. Don't miss any of the action -- Find out how to watch NHL here: IWantMSG.com", so...

Me: Negotiate fairly with Dish and Verizon.
MSG Networks: We understand your frustration. Have you checked out iwantmsg.com for details on what’s happening & to find a TV provider w/MSG Networks?
Me: My TV provider isn't the problem. Your negotiation tactics are. Stop trying to ram Fuse down providers' throats, negotiate fairly with both Dish and Verizon, and stop ignoring the Federal Terrestrial Loophole that was closed 8 months ago. Provide MSG-HD as you've been informed you need to. Then you'll get my money again, along with all of the other Dish subscribers.

*sigh*

#36 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,008 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:52 AM

MSG Networks actually attempted to respond to me on Facebook. They posted another blurb about "The New York Rangers headed north to take on the Boston Bruins, but DISH Network no longer carries MSG Networks. Don't miss any of the action -- Find out how to watch NHL here: IWantMSG.com", so...

Me: Negotiate fairly with Dish and Verizon.
MSG Networks: We understand your frustration. Have you checked out iwantmsg.com for details on what’s happening & to find a TV provider w/MSG Networks?
Me: My TV provider isn't the problem. Your negotiation tactics are. Stop trying to ram Fuse down providers' throats, negotiate fairly with both Dish and Verizon, and stop ignoring the Federal Terrestrial Loophole that was closed 8 months ago. Provide MSG-HD as you've been informed you need to. Then you'll get my money again, along with all of the other Dish subscribers.

*sigh*

Way to tell them - shove the truth down their throats.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#37 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,856 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

I've started a thread in the Sports Programming and Events with the post below as a place to discuss how to do something about the situation:

The current disputes between News Corp (Fox) and Cablevision plus News Corp and Dish have given a chance in the spotlight for a one year old group of sports fans trying to become an effective lobby in Washington.

From the New York Times:

...“We’re fighting to give fans a voice in public policy issues,” [Brian] Frederick said.

That is part of his stump speech as the newly named executive director of a year-old nonprofit interest group, the Sports Fans Coalition. Frederick’s mission: to find (the easy part) and organize (the hard part) a diverse and unwieldy group of dedicated but often disenfranchised people known as American sports fans and turn them into a unified, political power.

As Brad Blakeman, a founder of the Sports Fans Coalition, put it: “The fan gets treated like a fumbled pigskin, instead of like the source of all wealth, which it is.”

He consistently recited the group’s primary targets: television blackouts (especially at taxpayer-funded stadiums), the Bowl Championship Series and the ballooning cost of attending games. Looming is the possibility of a lockout in the N.F.L. next year.

If you are serious about solving these problems (beyond grumbling here and moving from one signal carrier to another) you should consider the Sports Fans Coalition.

It has the chance to become "the NRA" for sports fans because there are a lot of sports fans including members of Congress.

Rather than respond to this here, go to the Sports Fans Coalition - Your Voice in Washington thread.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#38 OFFLINE   Milleruszk

Milleruszk

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

Has there been any movement on getting this resolved? Are they talking? Going to arbitration? Thanks.

#39 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,913 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:20 PM

I don't believe either side has updated their websites:
http://www.greedymsg.com/ or http://www.iwantmsg.com/ and http://www.iwantfusetv.com/

That doesn't mean they are not talking, just "no word".

#40 OFFLINE   kcolg30

kcolg30

Godfather

• Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:32 PM

:)

#41 OFFLINE   Milleruszk

Milleruszk

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:03 AM

Still nothing? This is starting to look like MSG is going to go the way of Yes on Dish. :( :nono2:

#42 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

• Registered
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:18 AM

Still nothing? This is starting to look like MSG is going to go the way of Yes on Dish. :( :nono2:

Msg is not exactly fair in their negotiation process.

#43 OFFLINE   Steeloc15

Steeloc15

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

I, for one, love Fuse and wish dish would agree to put in back in the lineup.

#44 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 41,913 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

DISH removed the MSG feeds from the satellite just before 3pm ET.
They were there in "test mode" unavailable to customers ... now they are gone.
The temporary sports channels available in the 9600 range were also removed.

#45 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

• Registered
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

well, crap.

#46 OFFLINE   Willh

Willh

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

DISH removed the MSG feeds from the satellite just before 3pm ET.
They were there in "test mode" unavailable to customers ... now they are gone.
The temporary sports channels available in the 9600 range were also removed.

looks like this dispute may cause some lawsuits, the Fox/Dish dispute came and went, and sadly looks like Fox and Dish can get along better then Cablevision/MSG/Rainbow Media did with Dish, i guess this all dates back to the Voom dispute which killed the Voom channels. i wonder if Dish or the MSG networks are gonna be entering a lawsuit soon, this dispute could be the one that causes a lawsuit.
Dish Network Customer since Jan 2007, upgraded to HD on September 2, 2010.

DVRs/Box Sets: Dish VIP DVR 722K (2 of them).

long time Pro-Wrestling and NASCAR fan.

#47 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 20,633 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

looks like this dispute may cause some lawsuits, the Fox/Dish dispute came and went, and sadly looks like Fox and Dish can get along better then Cablevision/MSG/Rainbow Media did with Dish, i guess this all dates back to the Voom dispute which killed the Voom channels. i wonder if Dish or the MSG networks are gonna be entering a lawsuit soon, this dispute could be the one that causes a lawsuit.

I would have agreed with you... except Dish managed to secure AMCHD a couple of months ago... so clearly Dish and Rainbow can agree on some things.

-- !rotaredoM mA eM

What I do when I'm not here

Protected By... spam firewall...And...