Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR20-700 Swapout for 3D Debacle

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kcmrlitz

kcmrlitz

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:19 AM

I just purchased a new Samsung 3D TV and I unfortunately have a HR20-700. As suggested here I called directv and they said they would gladly swap it out for free to a HR21 or higher. A couple of days later I received a HR20-700 :nono:. So I called directv and explained what happened and they made several notes about how I needed a receiver that was capable of 3D and I should send that one back and they would send another receiver. Yesterday I received a HR20-700 again :mad: I have told them I do not need the OTA functionality and even suggested that they uncheck whatever box there may be that indicates that on my account. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do differently to get the correct box? Has this happened to others? I'm afraid this will somehow mess up my bill with all of these receivers coming and going. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,061 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:30 AM

Call again and when you're prompted say cancel, that gets you to retention department that can usually cut through all the BS. Right off the top tell them you don't want to cancel but what your problem is, they should get it fixed quickly for you.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#3 OFFLINE   kcmrlitz

kcmrlitz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:23 PM

Well, I called back and said cancel and I guess I got to that department. I was put on hold for awhile and she said she was escalating it to her supervisor. After another wait she said they were drop shipping me a HR21 so we shall see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kevin

#4 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,061 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

Well, I called back and said cancel and I guess I got to that department. I was put on hold for awhile and she said she was escalating it to her supervisor. After another wait she said they were drop shipping me a HR21 so we shall see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kevin

Good, hopefully that will get things corrected for you and you can start watching some 3D programming.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#5 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,847 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:37 PM

If that doesn't work, ask if they will reimburse you if you get an hr24 online from solid signal..

#6 OFFLINE   kcmrlitz

kcmrlitz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:48 PM

10 days later and no receiver. I guess it is back to customer no service again to see what happened.

Kevin

#7 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,226 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

At this point do exactly as Inkahauts mentioned.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#8 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

Are your hr20s owned or leased?

#9 OFFLINE   kcmrlitz

kcmrlitz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered