Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

slingplayer iphone4

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Calvin386

Calvin386

Godfather

• Registered
  • 282 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:55 AM

I use sling player mobile for iphone 4. It has been working well up til now. For some reason when I start the app it begins to log in and just goes back to my home screen. I can connect to my 922 normally on my laptop.

Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   xzi

xzi

Icon

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:33 AM

First, check and see if there is an update for it--there was not too long ago that fixed an issue like this.

You can also just try restarting the phone, sometimes that helps difficult apps that are crashing, otherwise if it's up to date, just go ahead and delete the app (press-hold until it jiggles, then click "X" to uninstall), turn off the phone (hold the power button, slide to power off), boot it up and reinstall it again from the App Store (you won't be charged again) and see if that helps.

#3 OFFLINE   Calvin386

Calvin386

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:32 AM

I deleted it and downloaded it again and it is now working. I didn't know I could download it again for free. Thanks.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,529 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

Once you've bought an app through iTunes you can always download it again for free. For that matter, if you buy another iPhone (or iPad or iPod Touch) and connect that to your same iTunes account, you can download another copy also for free to run on that device.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#5 OFFLINE   kstevens

kstevens

Icon

• Registered
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:01 PM

Dish just released the new Dish Remote Access which takes the place of the Sling Player. Now they need to release the iPad version.

Ken

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,529 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:48 PM

I was not aware of that coming... It makes sense though, because they started giving credits to Dish customers with the 922 to buy the SlingPlayer app...

Adding that functionality to the Dish Remote Access app means they can continue to give 922 Sling on the iPhone away BUT still charge for the SlingPlayer app for people who "only" have Slingboxes.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#7 OFFLINE   Calvin386

Calvin386

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:23 AM

I am new to the iPhone so I am still learning. There is a Dish Remote Access app? I wasn't aware of that. I like the Slingplayer app so I don't know if I would switch.

#8 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:16 AM

I put it on my iPod Touch last night. It works great. When I logged on I saw all 3 boxes immediately and played around with the 922 a bit. I did it just for grins since I never take the Touch anywhere that has wi-fi. Guess I can use it on the patio :lol:

I'll really be happy to see the same for Android. If it works a good as the iPhone/iPod Touch app. The $30 Android app quit working when I went to Android 2.2 powered EVO. And it was cluddgy on my 2.1 Hero.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#9 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 894 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:31 AM

I loaded "Remote Access" seamlessly this AM through the iMac. Perhaps the fixes are coming. Keep your fingers crossed.
Thank you and
Best of luck

spam firewall