Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TCM running off schedule

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,840 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 03 November 2003 - 12:28 PM

Grrrrr....

I recorded Anne Of The Thousand Days overnight on my DirecTivo. The good part: They showed the film in it's original aspect ratio.

The bad part: TCM ran off schedule. The recording caught the tail end of The Mark Of Zorro (1920), and a quick check of the recording shows that the end of Anne was cut off near the end of the film. So, now, another several month wait until this movie airs again.

Maybe we should have a thread called "Unusual Padding needed". I set up my other TCM recording to record 5 minutes longer.

And I shot off a e-mail to TCM.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   navy8ball

navy8ball

Legend/Supporter

• Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 06:08 AM

this time paddding is happening alot on all of the channels.i think they are trying to outwit dvr users.
my word is my bond!

#3 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,840 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 04 November 2003 - 02:58 PM

But, why do it to a movie that runs in the early morning when people are more likely to record for later playback rather than watch live?
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#4 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 04:17 PM

Unless I missed something, TMC doesn't run commercials per se. They run promos for upcoming shows, but that's it, and that's a big reason why I value the channel much more than AMC.

If that's still true, then TMC has no reason to try to mess up DVR recordings, right? I figure that it has more to do with TMC sometimes trying to shoehorn as many movies into a block of time, with the result that stop/start times aren't on the half hour or even the 5-minute mark.
Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

#5 OFFLINE   thebigjp

thebigjp

the 337's finest

• Gold Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 07:17 AM

around 2000, 2001, Nick@Nite was airing shows at the ODDEST TIMES, for instance the TV Guide or EPG would say that shows would start at 8,8:30,9..., they would actually start at 8,8:33,9:06,...
Keep it Real:)
Supporter, DBSTalk.com:)

Now celebrating 800
posts! :)

Our thanks to Nick, for pointing out this momentous occasion

spam firewall