Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dish VIP 722 Remote Control Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   artcal

artcal

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

It’s always something… This is probably something really simple but I just can’t figure it out. Just installed my new Dish VIP 722. Everything is working perfectly except for the TV1 (IR 5.4) & TV2 (IR/UHF PRO 6.4) remote controls. For your info, the 722 and TV1 remote are in the family room and the other TV2 remote is for the bedroom directly above. The TV1 remote from the family room switches the channels in the bedroom and the TV2 remote does the same thing on both the bedroom and the family room televisions.

Read the Dish manual and changed the remote address several times (however not all 16), nothing; changed the UHF band from A to B; didn’t work, installed UHF attenuator; no luck. (Just for your info, I replaced the Dish VIP 622 with the 722 and placed in the exact spot and changed nothing else.) This wasn’t a problem with the 622.

Running out of ideas, any suggestions are very much appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:32 PM

Are you in Single or Dual user mode?
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#3 OFFLINE   artcal

artcal

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:23 PM

Thanks for the prompt response. I'm a dual mode user but based on your question, I noticed that it's in single mode. That might be the problem but how do I change to dual mode?

Thanks!

#4 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:33 PM

The button next to the power button will switch modes.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#5 OFFLINE   artcal

artcal

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

That did the trick!
Thanks!

spam firewall