Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
lines in the sd channels knowtice real bad in logo hd is fine?
Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:41 PM
Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:53 PM
* Receiver/DVR model?
* TV model?
* How is the Receiver/DVR connected to your TV?
* Has it always had this problem, or did it just start recently?
* Do you have other Receivers/DVRs? Do they also show this problem?
Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:32 PM
* TV model? ( Sharp aquas 50 inch)
* How is the Receiver/DVR connected to your TV? (Hdmi)
* Has it always had this problem, or did it just start recently? (Yes) installer left before looking at sd channels.
* Do you have other Receivers/DVRs? Do they also show this problem?(yes) hd dvr h2-700 on a poloroid 42 inch tv.
Edited by bluegrizzlies1, 11 October 2010 - 07:44 PM.
Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:16 AM
Exactly what SD channels have this problem?
Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:09 PM
SD typically has visible scan lines. IOW, it can look like a bunch of individual video lines sandwiched between a bunch of individual black lines. One of the ideas of HD was to have more lines so that the lines between the video lines would be "more" invisible. Could this be what you are seeing?
Sd channels look like crap have thin black lines running through sd can see really bad in channel logos but hd channels are crystal clear?
Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:21 PM
These tvs is a friend of mine and she turned it to sd I was like wtf.
I have 2 hd tvs with directv and my sd channels look nothing like it. I think my hd dvrs are hr-22.
I know sd is gonna look like crap but her tvs look like someone took a black marker and drew lines vertical in the tv logos.
Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:09 PM
I've never seen it on my R22 which is hooked up via HDMI to my Toshiba HDTV and I don't subscribe to DirecTV HD so ALL my channels are in SD.
This has to be some kind of setting conflict with the TV.
What does the TV do if you connect it to an antenna and tune in a station not transmitting HD using it's internal tuner? Another troubleshooting step you could try is hooking the TV to one of those "digital TV converters" if you have one. They do not support HD.
3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K
Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:12 PM
Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:37 PM
She had dish network on the same tvs and it looked fine nothing like it does now.
Can you post a photo?