Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Non-Dish Remote Controller Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   artcal

artcal

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

This is not exactly a Dish Support issue but didn’t know where else to turn. I just want to say upfront that the DBSTalk forum has been outstanding and extremely helpful to me. Can’t think of a better place to go to get answers.

I’m a big Pioneer Elite fan. I have two Pioneer Elite plasma TV’s (Pro 930 and Pro 940) and the Pioneer SC-05 receiver. The picture quality and audio receiver are excellent however the remote controls are dreadful. As you can surmise, these TV models are dated. I have two Dish receivers, VIP 622 & 722 and all three Elite remote controls are unable to program and/or learn Dish’s IR codes. (I’ve been to Pioneer’s online tech support and they were useless.)

I use the Dish remotes for everything so this is no big deal, however the Elite remotes would be useful if I ever misplaced my Dish remote. Out of curiosity, has anyone been successful programming their Elite remotes to Dish? If so, what did you do?

Thanks in advance!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

I use the Dish remotes for everything so this is no big deal, however the Elite remotes would be useful if I ever misplaced my Dish remote. Out of curiosity, has anyone been successful programming their Elite remotes to Dish? If so, what did you do?

I use a Logitech Harmony remote to control my 722k and my Pioneer Elite PRO-150FD, as well as Xbox360, PS3, receiver, etc, etc. With the Harmony remote you can set the VIP receiver's IR address to anything you want and the Harmony will figure it out during set-up.

I suspect that your Pioneer remote will only control on IR address 1. Change the IR address on your dish receiver to 1 and see if that does the trick.

#3 OFFLINE   artcal

artcal

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:56 PM

You learn something new every day, that's why I love DBSTalk Forum.

Per your suggestion, I changed the IR address to 1 and that did the trick!

I will also take your advise and look into a Logitech Harmony remote.

Your prompt answer and response is very much appreciated!

Thanks!!

#4 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:32 AM

My issue is the opposite, but since we're talking Pioneer Elite I'll keep it here. None of the Pioneer codes in the 5.3 remote will control my VSX-94 receiver or PRO-111FD 50" plasma. I'm wondering if the 5.4 has codes that will work with these. Power and volume are sufficient, and receiver input select would be a nice bonus.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

Protected By... spam firewall...And...