Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Skipping OTA timers I have set... help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hey Now!

Hey Now!

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:28 PM

I have a VIP 622 receiver and haven't had any problems setting the DVR for OTA programs. Since the latest update (not sure exactly what it is called, when you bring up your DVR recordings and the visuals have changed with other options, probably in the last 4-7 days) I have had weekly OTA scheduled programs not record and before this update no problems. One was Amazing Race and the other was Hawaii Five-0. When I check my list of schedules it says completed or something like that but they are nowhere to be found on the DVR. Any suggestions for possible trouble shooting?

Many thanks as usual!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:53 AM

Uh oh. Sounds like the 922 bug is now in the 622 software. And if it's the same there's no fixing it. But in case it's not, have you tried a power cord reset yet?I've not checked out my 622s since they updated night before last but if they start missing recordings I'll be very upset. I have been using one of them to back up a few programs in case the 922 misses them. And it has. Be about my luck to miss a recording on both at the same time.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#3 OFFLINE   Hey Now!

Hey Now!

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

I'll try the power cord reset. By that I assume you mean to unplug it, then plug it back in. I will post results.

#4 OFFLINE   jadebox

jadebox

Godfather

• Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:53 AM

I think I've seen a similar problem on my 622. OTA records are skipped "By Priority" even though nothing else is recording over-the-air at the time.

-- Roger

#5 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, I've seen it on my 722.

A reset might fix it, but I've had best luck with deleting the timer and recreating it.
Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

#6 OFFLINE   Hey Now!

Hey Now!

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

Well.... I have found the source of the problem.... me. My antenna got unplugged. So if anyone else unplugs their antenna, you know what to do. Glad I could be of some help : )

Protected By... spam firewall...And...