Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV™'s Fox agreements end at the end of November? (answer is "no")

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:40 PM

Title thread...Not true
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   thelucky1

thelucky1

Icon

• Registered
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:05 PM

Title thread...Not true

Well that settles that! Thx satracer!
A DIRECTV Customer since 1998 :)

#23 OFFLINE   tenpins

tenpins

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:20 PM

+1, perhaps the only other person to speak eloquently on the subject would be "The Shadow".

#24 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,286 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

I didn't think so...funny how rumors start. :)
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#25 OFFLINE   cjrleimer

cjrleimer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

Todays lesson not to trust CSRS from both sides on contract negotiations they are clueless.

#26 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:37 PM

Actually, the official trademark is DIRECTV.

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#27 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:48 PM

Yup .. DIRECTV is an independent company now. Sure, Liberty (and Malone) still own some stock, but last I checked, his voting power stopped @ 24%.

Still, I think DIRECTV & Fox have a much better relationship than DISH & Fox. Now, that being said .. a DISH CSR as the source of DIRECTV's contract situation .. well, let's just say, I'm not sure that's the best source. Sounds more like a tools to keep the customer than actual news.

Malone's voting power is 3 percent now.

http://investor.dire...eleaseid=480109

#28 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:07 AM

Malone's voting power is 3 percent now.

http://investor.dire...eleaseid=480109

well, there you go .. :)
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#29 OFFLINE   SWORDFISH

SWORDFISH

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:49 AM

Title thread...Not true

Well that settles that! Thx satracer!

That really didn't settle anything. All SR said is that the title of the thread is not true. The agreement could end November 1st or December 15th or whatever. We'll probably never know, unless the two sides start publicly bickering.

SF
HR24-200 - WD10EVDS in Antec MX-1 Enclosure
HR24-500
HR24-500
H24-100
H24-100
Directv Since 1994

#30 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:03 AM

That really didn't settle anything. All SR said is that the title of the thread is not true. The agreement could end November 1st or December 15th or whatever. We'll probably never know, unless the two sides start publicly bickering.

Yeah because a DISH CSR is more likely to lead in the right direction regarding a DIRECTV contract than SR is. :rolleyes:

#31 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

Let me be clearer. It's a non issue for a long time. The thread of the title is wrong.
DIRECTV employee

#32 OFFLINE   MikeR7

MikeR7

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 953 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:47 PM

Let me be clearer. It's a non issue for a long time. The thread of the title is wrong.

I beg to differ. The title of the thread can not be wrong because it is a question. Only the answers to the question, yes or no can be wrong. :lol:

Thanks SR though for making it clear the answer is no.

I have counseled my brother and he is really seriously looking at reupping with
DIRECTV®

#33 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

You're right. There is a question mark. My apologies. D* will not be immune to programming disputes as well. I don't think any MSO can anymore with the way things are going in the industry.
DIRECTV employee

#34 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:06 PM

As long as I can get my FOX locals for Nascar and shows I'm happy.
DirecTV Subscriber Since 3/24/2008 || HR44-500 - SWiM and DECA to Vizio 32" LCD 1080P HDTV (SV320XVT) via HDMI | MY SETUP IN DETAIL UPDATED 3/21/2012 (Q1 2013 | I'm On FACEBOOK! "Originally Posted by xmguy : OK. I need directions. (to Sixto's house) Lol ;) | Originally Posted by Sea bass : Head down to 99c, skip over to 103ca, next over to 103cb and you have arrived.:)":hurah:

#35 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

I have heard rumors that an agreement between the two has already been reached and even more unreliable rumors of collusion between the two companies. Just rumors for other sources, and should be taken with a grain of salt

#36 OFFLINE   cjrleimer

cjrleimer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

Which sources Dodger because if it is true then it shows D as the top fish in sports period they dont want to piss off any of the sports viewers bottom line. And I am one of those sports viewers.

#37 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:29 PM

Which sources Dodger because if it is true then it shows D as the top fish in sports period they dont want to piss off any of the sports viewers bottom line. And I am one of those sports viewers.

Just a person that works for them. They are reliable about many Direct issues, but the collusion part is just a rumor that they told me and cannot confirm it at all. Also, usually the business decisions are secret and employees know as much as us

#38 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:38 PM

As conservative as DIRECTV has generally been regarding all legal issues (24 hour rule, distant locals, etc.) .. I think "collusion" is probably nothing more than someone making a misinformed guess and not based on anything factual.

#39 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

As conservative as DIRECTV has generally been regarding all legal issues (24 hour rule, distant locals, etc.) .. I think "collusion" is probably nothing more than someone making a misinformed guess and not based on anything factual.

I think that too is the case. It is probably someone drawing this conclusion simply because they came to an agreement so quickly (assuming they did agree)

#40 OFFLINE   Avder

Avder

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:27 AM

Doesn't DirecTV hold controlling interest in a few of the Fox sports channels?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...