Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Directv customer trying to get HR24 & H24

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   raoden

raoden

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:46 PM

Hi,

I recently ordered Directv and I have been trying my best to convince the Customer reps to give me a HR24 and H24 (based on some input from a friend). I finally saw this site and figured out that the receiver model is potluck! I also had the customer rep put a note in my order that I need HR24 & H24. I am ordering MRV with one HD DVR and one HD.

So here are my questions
* What after all this Directv does not give me the HR24/H24? Can I refuse the install (which is scheduled for this Sunday) close my newly opened account and create a new account through Solidsignal?
* If I do the above will I have problem with getting the rebates, since I already opened the account with Directv?
* Is there anyway to get the contact of the installer so that I can try talking to them to see if I will get the receivers I want.
* Can somebody suggest me what will be best way to get a HR24 & H24 for my situation.

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

When they call to confirm the installation (the installer will call), ask him if he has a HR24 and H24 for your install on his truck. If he says yes, you are good to go. If he says no, tell him to cancel the install before he has to drive all the way to your house. Then log on to www.solidsignal.com and schedule your install through them. They will guarantee your HR24 and H24, as well as offer you the new customers offers from DirecTv.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   raoden

raoden

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:05 PM

Davenlr thanks for your quick response. Still just want to confirm that it is ok to cancel my existing order and then go with Solidsignal. I am just being doubly cautious and want to make sure Directv will not cause a problem because I already have an account with them.

Also just refusing the install will not be good enough right? I would have to call up Directv to cancel my account?

Thanks for your help!

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

You are already a DirecTv customer? I.E, this is just a sd to hd upgrade?

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#5 OFFLINE   raoden

raoden

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:03 PM

Sorry for the confusion...
I ordered Directv a couple of days ago. So I have an account. But no equipment has ever been installed at my house (the installer is due this sunday). Hope this clears the confusion.

#6 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:10 PM

Ok, well until your first DVR is activated at your home, you are under no commitment.
Call Solidsignal, or send them an email. Explain this situation to them, and see if they can match your offer from DirecTv. We already know they can guarantee you the HR24 and H24. They are an authorized DirecTv dealer, so in fact, should be able to work directly with Directv using your account. The downside is the install MIGHT take longer, as they will have to contract out the install, and it may not be a free install. You would just have to call and talk to them. As for DirecTv, as long as you cancel before the installer activates a box on your account, you have no problems. Courtesy would dictate you tell the installer when he calls to confirm you are home, that you dont want the install unless he has the HR24 and H24 on his truck, since he wont get paid for the trip if you cancel when he gets there.

Hope this helps. BTW, SolidSignal is on this forum, you might look up their username and PM them, and link them to this thread.

#7 OFFLINE   kcaudiofx

kcaudiofx

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

Davenlr thanks for your quick response. Still just want to confirm that it is ok to cancel my existing order and then go with Solidsignal. I am just being doubly cautious and want to make sure Directv will not cause a problem because I already have an account with them.

Also just refusing the install will not be good enough right? I would have to call up Directv to cancel my account?

Thanks for your help!

Its perfectly fine to do that, you just HAVE TO MAKE SURE the work order gets canceled! Us dealers do this a LOT since a lot of customers want the 24's but dont know the situation until a dealer talks to them :)

#8 OFFLINE   raoden

raoden

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:42 PM

The installer installed today and he luckily had the HR24 and H24 that I wanted. So I don't have to cancel or do anything else. Thanks for all your help guys!

#9 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,986 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:44 PM

The installer installed today and he luckily had the HR24 and H24 that I wanted. So I don't have to cancel or do anything else. Thanks for all your help guys!

Don't forget to check out http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=151213 and the undocumented hints/tips PDF that's linked to in there.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

spam firewall