Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

cinema plus 1000 channels

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   sdirv

sdirv

Icon

• Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

I find them by using the menu:
On demand
On Demand channels
Hi-Def
All
then page down a few times
These are on channel 1000, so going into the guide and selecting this channel will also get you to the same screen.

I still can't find a SONYHD channel on VOD.

Following your directions I was able to find Cinema Plus, and mixed in with all the other stuff there (mostly pay per view) were a few titles listed on 1000 Sony.

But I was unable to go into Favorites to select a Sony Channel for display in my guide (since it seems not to exist). If I go into the on demand section and choose to check by channel.....no Sony channel shows up for me to select.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   sdirv

sdirv

Icon

• Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:03 AM

Following your directions I was able to find Cinema Plus, and mixed in with all the other stuff there (mostly pay per view) were a few titles listed on 1000 Sony.

But I was unable to go into Favorites to select a Sony Channel for display in my guide (since it seems not to exist). If I go into the on demand section and choose to check by channel.....no Sony channel shows up for me to select.

I guess my question was answered. There is no SonyHD channel in VOD, although there are movies from SonyHD on channel 1000 which is shared with other "channels"......

#23 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,860 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:07 AM

I guess my question was answered. There is no SonyHD channel in VOD, although there are movies from SonyHD on channel 1000 which is shared with other "channels"......

The Sony channel is 563, but yes since it's so new, it hasn't been added to the OnDemand menu, other than being buried in the list off 1000.
A.K.A VOS

#24 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:10 AM

There isn't a SonyHD channel in VOD. There are simply Sony titles included in the VOD movies. It's not the same and people keep confusing the two.

As an example, HDNet Movies is a channel and then there is an HDNet Movies VOD channel. Those two are directly related. The VOD HDNet Movies options change each month as the monthly schedule for the HDNet Movies channel changes. What you can see on regular channels is what is available as VOD as well. We have had Sony titles included in the VOD movies for a long time. Those options are not related to what is showing on Sony Movie Channel. They have the same film studio in common, but are two different animals.

Here are the VOD channels:

• HDNet
  • The 101
  • CNN
  • HGTV
  • Food
  • Style
  • E!
  • HSN
  • Spike
  • USA
  • Syfy
  • TNT
  • truTV
  • TBS
  • FX
  • ComedyC
  • Oxygen
  • Lifetime
  • AMC
  • TCM
  • FMC
  • We tv
  • BBCA
  • A&E
  • History
  • Logo
  • Bravo
  • Ovation
  • NatGeo
  • Travel
  • Discovery
  • TLC
  • Animal Planet
  • Science
  • Green
  • Sprout
  • Cartoon
  • Boomerang
  • Nick
  • Nick Jr.
  • Teen Nick
  • G4
  • CMT
  • BET
  • MTV
  • MTV2
  • VH1
  • VH1 CL
  • Gospel
  • Fuse
  • Bloomburg
  • Weather
  • Univision
  • tr3s
  • Starz
  • Encore
  • Showtime
  • SHOFree
  • TMC
  • Flix
  • Sundance
  • IFC Free
  • HDNet Movies
  • Smithsonian
  • Uncut TV
  • Juicy
  • Seduxxx
  • Hustler
  • VS
  • Speed
  • Big Ten
  • Fuel TV
  • EuroCin
  • Film Fest
  • Martha
  • n3D

Some of these offer HD content, some do not.
DTV = Digital Television

#25 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:11 AM

The Sony channel is 563, but yes since it's so new, it hasn't been added to the OnDemand menu, other than being buried in the list off 1000.

The Sony titles listed there are not from Sony Movie Channel....they just happen to be Sony titles.
DTV = Digital Television

#26 OFFLINE   radiomandc

radiomandc

Legend

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:15 AM

I do not subscribe to the HD extra package and I was able to download a movie from the MGM VOD channel.

#27 OFFLINE   robl45

robl45

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:16 AM

As myself and others keep posting:
Some are and some aren't.
I just looked at a TMC VOD and yes it was in DD5.1.
This doesn't mean EVERY VOD will be.

yes, this is what I'm trying to confirm. I know not all will be, but on uverse, nothing but showtime is 5.1.

#28 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,860 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:17 AM

yes, this is what I'm trying to confirm. I know not all will be, but on uverse, nothing but showtime is 5.1.

Well, now you should know DirecTV is different.
A.K.A VOS

#29 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:36 AM

I do not subscribe to the HD extra package and I was able to download a movie from the MGM VOD channel.

That's because the MGM VOD content is not from the MGM channel in the HD Extra Pack.
DTV = Digital Television

#30 OFFLINE   paulh

paulh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

D* really needs to make a more obvious Free movie category on the receivers for these channel 1000 free movies.
The website does a better job of promoting these movies, but via receiver is painfully confusing.

Tv surfing should not be more difficult than posting here.

#31 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

D* really needs to make a more obvious Free movie category on the receivers for these channel 1000 free movies.
The website does a better job of promoting these movies, but via receiver is painfully confusing.

Tv surfing should not be more difficult than posting here.

I'm not really sure that it is confusing though. You can view what VOD content is available by channel...those are free if you subscribe to that channel. The other option is to simply look through the VOD movies and the PPV ones have an icon indicating that.
DTV = Digital Television

#32 OFFLINE   paulh

paulh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:17 PM

Where's the channel 1000 channel? Oh wait, that's the vod entry point. So its not in the browse by channel listing ... The channel 1000 movies are available in a search by all, but the receiver cannot sort by channel.

#33 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:28 PM

Where's the channel 1000 channel? Oh wait, that's the vod entry point. So its not in the browse by channel listing ... The channel 1000 movies are available in a search by all, but the receiver cannot sort by channel.

VOD content available from various channels is sortable by channel. (these channels here) Individual VOD movies which are are not from a specific channel are available in alphabetical order in a separate section.

Why would you go directly to channel 1000? With your remote: Menu > CinemaPlus. Now browse by channel or go directly to movies in alphabetical order. PPV vs free are clearly labeled.

Edited by Hoosier205, 19 October 2010 - 12:30 PM.

DTV = Digital Television

#34 OFFLINE   Nighthawk68

Nighthawk68

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 354 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

Or log in to your directv.com account and go to the VOD listings, there you can seperate the Sony, MGM and WB titles. Again not to be confused with Sony & MGM in the HD extra pack. You can set up a recording right from the website. That is the only way to filter & eliminate the confusion/clutter on channel 1000

#35 OFFLINE   paulh

paulh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:01 PM

VOD content available from various channels is sortable by channel. (these channels here) Individual VOD movies which are are not from a specific channel are available in alphabetical order in a separate section.

Why would you go directly to channel 1000? With your remote: Menu > CinemaPlus. Now browse by channel or go directly to movies in alphabetical order. PPV vs free are clearly labeled.

You still did not get it, and I hoped you found a way. Ch1000 is the same thing as the menu you gave.
As just mentioned you can sort online by the 1000 Sony and MGM channels, but because they are not 'channels' on the tv menu, it seems that people may not realize they exist.
You can eventually find them, ie search all movies for HD and you'll see 'Apache' on 1000MGM, but how do you easily see all free 1000MGM and Sony movies via the reciever without being overwhelmed by premium and plus content I do not get?

#36 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:11 PM

You still did not get it, and I hoped you found a way. Ch1000 is the same thing as the menu you gave.
As just mentioned you can sort online by the 1000 Sony and MGM channels, but because they are not 'channels' on the tv menu, it seems that people may not realize they exist.
You can eventually find them, ie search all movies for HD and you'll see 'Apache' on 1000MGM, but how do you easily see all free 1000MGM and Sony movies via the reciever without being overwhelmed by premium and plus content I do not get?

It very obvious which movies are free and which are not. PPV titles have a dollar sign next to them, free titles do not. Your posts are rather incoherent.

Edited by Hoosier205, 19 October 2010 - 09:15 PM.

DTV = Digital Television

#37 OFFLINE   paulh

paulh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:32 PM

Thank you, you are a smart, intelligent poster, and that is my point. You did not realize that there was content not available via search for a channel.

In addition,Starz titles are listed as free, but I do not subscribe to Starz so they are not free to me. It is too easy for someone to also think, "I do not get a MGM channel, so why bother with this free movie" my only indication was channel 1000, but I cannot search by ch1000 via remote, and the normal listing includes too many premium and plus channels I do not get.

#38 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:47 PM

Thank you, you are a smart, intelligent poster, and that is my point. You did not realize that there was content not available via search for a channel.

In addition,Starz titles are listed as free, but I do not subscribe to Starz so they are not free to me. It is too easy for someone to also think, "I do not get a MGM channel, so why bother with this free movie" my only indication was channel 1000, but I cannot search by ch1000 via remote, and the normal listing includes too many premium and plus channels I do not get.

Yes, I did realize there was content not categorized by channel and I have mentioned that several times now. The films in that general "movie" category are listed as either PPV or non-PPV by using the dollar sign as an indicator. You don't search by channel anyway....you browse by channel. The rest of the content is listed under movies. From there you can select various genres or view all at once.Movies which are categorized by channel are free to those who subscribe to those channels. :rolleyes: That's just common sense. Would you like for a DirecTV representative to personally come to your home and walk you through the process? How much easier can they possibly make it?

Search by ch1000? Once again, your posts are incoherent.
DTV = Digital Television

#39 OFFLINE   paulh

paulh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

D* is a nice company that has provided all customers with free Sony and MGM movies, cataloged under ch1000.

If a customer uses their remote to browse ch1000 they will see the VOD entry point.

If a customer uses the entry point to browse by channel, they will not see a channel lower than 1005, NFL

Circular logic works because circular logic works.

#40 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,635 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:38 AM

D* is a nice company that has provided all customers with free Sony and MGM movies, cataloged under ch1000.

If a customer uses their remote to browse ch1000 they will see the VOD entry point.

If a customer uses the entry point to browse by channel, they will not see a channel lower than 1005, NFL

Circular logic works because circular logic works.

???

When you browse by channel within the on demand feature, you do not see the channel you are on. When you are at the 1000 entry point, you do not see 1000. If you got to 1005, you will see 1000 in the channel list and you will not see 1005.

And, of course, you can get to any channel via the guide.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

Protected By... spam firewall...And...