Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"Luther" premiers Sunday

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,125 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:13 PM

Idris Elba who we know from "The Office" (U.S. version), "The Wire" and "The Big C" stars in this typical 6-episode season of the BBC's "Luther." From the BBCA web site:

Luther is a gripping, psychological thriller driven by a brilliant and emotionally impulsive detective tormented by the darker side of humanity.

A self-destructive near-genius, Luther might just be as dangerous as the depraved criminals he hunts. In each episode, the murderer's identity is known from the start, focusing the drama on the psychological duel between predator and prey.

Luther shines a light into the hearts and minds of psychopaths and killers, and the shadowy spaces of his own soul.

BBC One has picked up this show in the future as a series of two-hour specials. So we will see this character after these episodes.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:25 AM

Thanks for the reminder. It'll be good to see Elba play a character on the other side of the law from Stringer. :) He did a really good job on The Wire so I'm looking forward to Luther.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#3 OFFLINE   Dario33

Dario33

Godfather

• Registered
  • 486 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

I forgot to DVR this last night, but plan to catch an encore airing this week. I see it's on again Thursday and Saturday evenings.

#4 OFFLINE   Holydoc

Holydoc

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, FL

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:02 PM

I thought this was a very good miniseries. If you missed it I would recommend seeing if BBC will be showing reruns.

#5 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:27 PM

I still need to watch the last 2 episodes. And if you missed it and have a Netflix account it's available. DVD only, no instant.

#6 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:14 AM

iTunes has HD episodes of Luther to rent for .99

#7 OFFLINE   Dario33

Dario33

Godfather

• Registered
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:41 AM

FYI, season 2 of Luther premiered last Wednesday. Season 2 consists of 4 episodes - and it got off to a great start last week - very intense :up:

#8 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

I am recording season 2, but I missed season one. Just waiting for the reruns or vod, then I will watch both.

#9 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

I am recording season 2, but I missed season one. Just waiting for the reruns or vod, then I will watch both.

If you have the Blockbuster Movie Pass they have the DVDs. If you have Netflix streaming it's there also.

#10 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

If you have the Blockbuster Movie Pass they have the DVDs. If you have Netflix streaming it's there also.

No, I don't subscribe to anything but directv. I have cut my self off at that point. Eventually it will reappear.

#11 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

No, I don't subscribe to anything but directv. I have cut my self off at that point. Eventually it will reappear.

Duh. I would have know you were a DirecTV sub if I had read you sig, wouldn't I? Well, maybe it'll rerun in the not too distant future. Maybe your public library? That's how I watched the 1st season of Sons of Anarchy.

spam firewall