Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24 multiple simultaneous connections?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   WebHobbit

WebHobbit

Mentor

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

I currently have my TiVoHD connected to my main TV via HDMI and optical audio out to my Surround Receiver (I have TV spkrs turned OFF). At the same time I have 50ft component cables feeding the 19inch 720p set in the bedroom. I'm using a 50ft RCA left/right stereo cables for audio for that TV. We can watch from both rooms at the same time.

The TiVoHD I have set to 1080i fixed output. (hate the switching with native mode)

If/when I ditch CATV for DTV will an HR24 series HDDVR allow a setup as connected above with out issue?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,404 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:07 PM

Since all the outputs on the 24s are active all the time, then "sure"
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   WebHobbit

WebHobbit

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

Cool- that's what I was hoping.

#4 OFFLINE   dsw2112

dsw2112

Always Searching

• Registered
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:13 PM

Also, as an FYI; you are not guaranteed an HR24 unless you "purchase" from a retailer yourself (D* considers the HR series "functionally equivilant".) You can receive anything from an HR20 - HR24.

The setup you desire is possible with any HR receiver though.
SL3-Slimline to SWM16 - DECA
HR34-700, HR24-500, & HR22-100

#5 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,500 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

If/when I ditch CATV for DTV will an HR24 series HDDVR allow a setup as connected above with out issue?

Any of the HR2X's will, it doesn't have to be a 24.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#6 OFFLINE   WebHobbit

WebHobbit

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:19 PM

Also, as an FYI; you are not guaranteed an HR24 unless you "purchase" from a retailer yourself (D* considers the HR series "functionally equivilant".) You can receive anything from an HR20 - HR24.

I know. I been reading about all this stuff over the last few weeks. I'm probably not gonna be able to make the switch for a few more months yet but I like to research this kinda stuff well in advance. (OCD what can I say)

I'm probably gonna try the strategy where I ask the installer what he has and then keep canceling appointments until he gives the correct answer. I hate the idea though as it probably hurts the installer.

#7 OFFLINE   Joe Diver

Joe Diver

AllStar

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:06 PM

I'm probably gonna try the strategy where I ask the installer what he has and then keep canceling appointments until he gives the correct answer. I hate the idea though as it probably hurts the installer.

I guess I got lucky?

When I signed up last week, I told them that I only wanted the HR24. Put that in your notes or whatever. And, if the installer showed up with anything else, I would turn him away. The CSR said "Sure, I'll make note of that". When the installer called me the morning of the install, I asked him if he had an HR24 for me. He said "yes, it's all we are installing now".

Just my experience.
DirecTV Premier
NFL Sunday Ticket, NHL Center Ice
HR24-100 --> Mits WD52628 (HDMI) and Pioneer VSX1015TX (Toslink)
Bose 601 Series 3 Mains, VS100 Center, 301 Series 3 Surrounds.
Apple TV2, Xbox360, PS3

#8 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,500 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:13 PM

And watch DirecTV refuse to install anything after you do that a few times.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#9 OFFLINE   WebHobbit

WebHobbit

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

Well I have seen more than one post in these very forums where people claim that DTV CSRs TOLD them to do it as it was the only way to assure they would get an HR24.

Sounds crazy I know

#10 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,500 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

Well I have seen more than one post in these very forums where people claim that DTV CSRs TOLD them to do it as it was the only way to assure they would get an HR24.

Sounds crazy I know

The only way to guarantee an HR24 is to get it through an online retailer. You can go the notes route but there's no guarantee.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

spam firewall