Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Channel line up cards

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FastNOC

FastNOC

Godfather

• Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

This is frustrating.

A few years ago I found a card on Dish's website that had a raw card that shows their entire channel lineup by number. it didn't separate the channel listing by type of service.

I haven't been able to find this since then, and the only thing I see now are ridiculous cards that I have to look trhough multiple pages if I don't know what package a channel comes with. it's insane that dish doesn't provide a simple numbered channel list. So i think i'm just not seeing where it is. Could someone help me out here? even if it's someone else that's made one. I have a slide out board in my desk that I use to tape the guide to. But I don't want 4 pages of garbage when a single simple list will do.

help!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   FastNOC

FastNOC

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

by the way, I did find this, and unbelievably there's no way to even display the channel numbers, let alone sort by them.

http://www.dishnetwo...l.aspx?pack=AEP

#3 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

This help?
http://www.dishnetwo...es/default.aspx
Or this with a zipcode?
http://tvlistings.za...eupId=DISH825:-

#4 OFFLINE   FastNOC

FastNOC

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:17 PM

Thanks for the response!

That's actually the exact example of the problem. lol i don't want 4 pages and printed documents. I want a single list of channels. that URl breaks it all up by packages/service levels meaning if I don't know what package it comes with I have to look at multiple lists.

http://www.dishnetwo...hannelGuide.pdf

#5 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:46 PM

Thanks for the response!

That's actually the exact example of the problem. lol i don't want 4 pages and printed documents. I want a single list of channels. that URl breaks it all up by packages/service levels meaning if I don't know what package it comes with I have to look at multiple lists.

http://www.dishnetwo...hannelGuide.pdf

The zapit one is long, but the 1st one that goes to Dish, is just 2 pages, and breaks it down by package. Not sure how to get it less than 2 pages, with any kind of breakdown. Maybe duplex printing?

#6 OFFLINE   FastNOC

FastNOC

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:59 AM

Ahh, I didn't even see the second link. thanks!

that's too high though. Don't know how to explain. I did find a solution though that might be helpful for anyone else.

all I waned was a straight list, but copying/pasting these together seems to be exactly what I need, and I can sort by whatever column I want (using excel).

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

thanks for the help grumpy!

#7 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:16 AM

Doesn't somebody here keep a spreadsheet of active channels? I could swear I've seen one.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#8 OFFLINE   FastNOC

FastNOC

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:23 AM

If so I'd love to see it. this one on wikipedia requires substantial editing to be useful

#9 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:33 AM

Why not create one yourself?
DTV = Digital Television

#10 OFFLINE   FastNOC

FastNOC

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:41 AM

mostly because I don't know the latest greatest info and I'm quite sure someone here knows the latest up2date channel listing.

#11 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:54 AM

mostly because I don't know the latest greatest info and I'm quite sure someone here knows the latest up2date channel listing.

James long has a link to the lineup in his signature and so do I.
DTV = Digital Television

#12 OFFLINE   FastNOC

FastNOC

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:59 AM

i didn't look at James, but I did see yours. those are images, not lists and they don't show channel numbers. They show HD content, and don't include sd. so i'm not sure how that would apply

the whole point is so I can have one list, with two columns. channel, and station. So if I could find a complete list, already developed, I could edit the html (if it were a web page which is most likely) or a spreadsheet, and keep only the data I want. I THINK i have what I need edited from the wiki. I'm still working on it.

Heck if anyone's interested I'll upload it and they can have it. i'm sure I'm not the only one that wants this.

the link in your signature is great for a comparison chart though, and I've bookmarked it. thanks for that work!

#13 OFFLINE   FastNOC

FastNOC

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:27 AM

ok i got unlazy and just did it myself.

This isn't for everyone. I cut out a lot of stuff I don't care about. sports channels, many shopping channels, etc.

Posted Image

It's customized so i doubt anyone wants it, but if so i can upload it.

For my own use, I made it a table in excel so it's sortable however you want.

#14 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:28 AM

For me, I'd like to see:

Ch # .... Ch Name .... Genre .... Distributor .... HD/SD .... Pkg (eg AT200)

Not necessarily in that column order, but each column should be sortable.

Also a way to see which channels are included on one provider, but not the other. On the Dish list you might see the Bumpy Channel (made up name) showing as N/A while it would have all the columns populated on the Direct list if they carry it.

Text only, no graphics or logos.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#15 OFFLINE   FastNOC

FastNOC

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:32 AM

i knew I shouldn't have started this because I go way overboard on these types of things. lol.

I could make a list like that for you. Maybe I should do these in HTML, so people can just use a link. i could use javascript so you could sort however you wanted.

hmmm...

I'll have to look SayWhat and see if there's a list that shows Genre, I don't know of one. but if you see one I'll work it out.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...