Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Why Can't DirecTV Make a DVR that Will Record Sports?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#76 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

I'm just not crazy about it as a long-term solution, because I think the older, slower boxes especially need all the help they can get to achieve peak performance, so anything that speeds-up housekeeping functions is a good thing, IMHO.

Now you are Understanding what I am trying to Convey!!!

Try keeping it out of Standby Mode and let's see if that solves the problem and the let's alert Directv about this situation.

I Understand that the older units running on an inadequate CPU without enough RAM can Cause alot of Problems!!!

Especially with Slow Responsiveness to Remote Commands, etc.

Edited by Richierich, 21 October 2010 - 05:50 PM.

DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#77 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

I'm just not crazy about it as a long-term solution, because I think the older, slower boxes especially need all the help they can get to achieve peak performance, so anything that speeds-up housekeeping functions is a good thing, IMHO.

Well, Directv needs to let us know that we need to do this to help the inferior units deal with the overloading of tasks that these units were not designed to deal with!!!

But as we know that will never happen!!!

I have stated many many times that the CPU needed to be Upgraded and we needed more RAM and guess what finally happened???

We got the HR24 Series which Addresses the Shortcomings of the other HR2X DVRs and now we have Fast Guides, etc.

Go Back And Read My Posts From The Past and you will see what I recommended and stated would lead to a better DVR!!!

Edited by Richierich, 21 October 2010 - 06:00 PM.

Here's My Setup

#78 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

Um, I have NEVER seen any real difference in recording (cause I never have recording issues across my 6 boxes with 200 SLs in total) by leaving the machine on or off.. SO I usually leave them OFF unless I am watching it. Now, please, Back To TOPIC!

#79 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:23 AM

Inky, wouldn't that be 300 Series Links??? :)
Here's My Setup

#80 OFFLINE   finaldiet

finaldiet

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:29 AM

My HR24 records the best hockey team in the NHL, the BLACKHAWKS, without any problems.
Avatar says" Children are the only earthly possessions you can take with you to heaven, where are you taking yours"

#81 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,828 posts
  • LocationLower Westchester County, NY

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:40 AM

My HR24 records the best hockey team in the NHL, the BLACKHAWKS, without any problems.

Using what method?
/steve

#82 OFFLINE   E91

E91

Godfather

• Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:56 AM

Um, I have NEVER seen any real difference in recording (cause I never have recording issues across my 6 boxes with 200 SLs in total) by leaving the machine on or off.. SO I usually leave them OFF unless I am watching it. Now, please, Back To TOPIC!

Yeah. I don't even know where this idea comes from. All of my D* DVRs over the year did fine in standby.

#83 OFFLINE   reggie

reggie

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

I turn on the DVR, and after 30 sec of gray screen, the orange light comes on andthe game appears in the list.

I had something similar along with numerous hangs when coming out of standby recently. Unplugged the network cable and haven't had a problem a couple weaks. Not a real solution (and maybe just coincidence), but good enough for now....
Equipment:
HR22-100
AM-21

Protected By... spam firewall...And...